Video Editing

G-Stress

Hey guys, one of my boss' from a previous job is wanting to make a youtube video equivalent to this one

My issue is, the part where Bob Ernyart's image is displayed, a few seconds later and image of Johnny Bravo fades in. That's what I can't figure out and am not exactly sure what to google for as far as that goes. All I have work with currently is Windows Movie Maker and Camtasia. Can that be done with either of those two progams?

Thanks!

You need some video editing software to make that happen.

I thought about the whole 2 image deal, but if I do that on the second image it will re-fade in the first image along with the second image whereas I just need the second image to fade in alone after the first.

@ Infiltrator, you don't think this can be done using Windows Movie Maker, or Camtasia?

Please don't say how it isn't possible in Windows Movie Maker without trying. It took me less time to make the video than it did to upload and post. I believe the one you're looking for is at 27 seconds. Done with 2 images and different fades in Windows Movie Maker.

Funny thing is, what you're afraid of is exactly what happens in the video. Watch the first image. He fades out slightly as the second fades in. Yet the way I'm showing you does not do that.

Having a bit of an issue with something that seems so simple. The second image of both did you do say just open paint and paste the 2 images together and save that file? If so, I'm not sure or I guess I can't figure out how to fade that second half of the image.

I made 2 images. First, I made the picture black and pasted the picture on the left. Add the title you want on the bottom. Save it as your first image. Without closing it, add the second image (without changing the first) to how you want the final to look. Save it as image number two. (IN case that still doesn't make sense, the first image will look normal on the left and have a lot of black on the right).

Now display your first image in the video. When ready, FADE IN (NOT CROSSFADE) the second image. Crossfading will cause the first one to dim. Fading in will leave it unchanged.

Gotcha! Makes sense. Thanks a lot man! I been so busy I haven't had time to mess with this again, but I will do so tomorrow and report back success. Now the only thing is, if you faded in the second image I would think that the first image (bob ernyart) would fade in along with the second image, but in your clip it doesn't appear that way.

Thanks a bunch!

It does fade in. You don't see it because each pixel fading in is the exact same as what it is replacing. If you overlay red with a more opaque version of the same color and shade, you will not see the opaque version. Only colors that are changing are those from the second image fading in (black to whatever the picture is) so that is all you see.