Texting Pineapple

newbi3

This is just some proof of concept code I have been working on and finally got to a good point. My thought behind this project is to give you a way to control your pineapple that doesn't look like you are a "hacker" or what ever. It just looks like you are texting your brother or girlfriend or what ever telling them to turn on the oven, or open the front door for you or something like that. When the pineapple receives a message that says something like "hey man open the front door for me, thanks" it turns on karma and sends a message back that says "Hey, the front door is open and don'y worry about it".

I will be releasing this code soon on here I just need to make it nice and pretty first and get some ideas from you guys first.

Here is a video of it in action:

(I completely forgot to show that karma turned on but just take my word for it that it did!)

Can a moderator please move this to the project section? Sorry, and thanks in advance!

Edited by newbi3

I would love to see you releasing this as a module!

I will be, I just want to finish up a few things first and then we will all be able to have conversations with pineapples! Who needs friends anymore?

It appears on the video you're using a gmail account to handle the communications. Have you experienced any problems with gmail? I did a similar thing with my cracking box using one-way communication to mms to notify status working through dictionary files. My experience was after a couple of messages gmail would freeze the account due to violation of ToS. I had to switch to a yahoo account (which worked flawlessly ever since).

It appears on the video you're using a gmail account to handle the communications. Have you experienced any problems with gmail? I did a similar thing with my cracking box using one-way communication to mms to notify status working through dictionary files. My experience was after a couple of messages gmail would freeze the account due to violation of ToS. I had to switch to a yahoo account (which worked flawlessly ever since).

I've never had a problem from when I just had the pineapple sending me notifications and still none now that I have back and forth communication with it. Thanks for letting me know though because I wasn't going to add support for other e-mail services like yahoo but now I think I will build it in just as a precaution in case someone does have trouble with gmail.

Badass! I was just looking into porting the whole 'use gchat as an easy remote shell into your raspberry pi' onto the pineapple, but this effectively does the same thing but without the reliance on gchat (of which there aren't many good client options on iOS). This looks quite awesome newbi3!

Gtalk remote shell hack for raspberry pi can be found here: http://mitchtech.net/raspberry-pi-google-talk-robot/

telot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...