infektiv

Hi,

I am having issues with getting my usb to work on my pineapple. I am trying to set up my Sandisk Cruzer Fit 32gb. I have been referring to the guide posted by Darren "How-to: Enable Usb Mass storage with swap partition".

When I plug in my Sandisk Cruzer, Ubuntu's Disk Utility is able to pick up this usb. However, Ubuntu is not allowing me to proceed with any of the options "Delete Partition" or "Format Drive". The error message says "Not Authorized".

I'm trying to delete the existing partition(SANDISK 34GB FAT) but it won't allow me. Is this some sort of permission issue? Do I need to run as administrator? If so please advise how to.

I have attached images of the disk partition & error message.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Kind regards,

infektiv

post-41441-0-38536900-1358589388_thumb.p

post-41441-0-88916500-1358589389_thumb.p

I had the same problem with a16G. The flash drive is locked and cannot be unlocked. It is a know problem with this model. I threw my 16G out and bought a 4G. I've had no issues with the 4G.

I also have the 8G model. The pineapple will only see it when I plug it in using a powered USB hub.

I have the 16GB version and I've had no problems. Have you tried another format tool such as Gparted? Don't know if it'd make a difference.

If all else fails, contact the manufacturer and have them replace it.

The problem has happened to several of us. Not sure what happens, but the drive goes into read only mode permanently.

I have the 16GB version and I've had no problems. Have you tried another format tool such as Gparted? Don't know if it'd make a difference.

If all else fails, contact the manufacturer and have them replace it.

hmmm I tried but GParted won't even detect the USB. Oh well I just bought the 4gb sandisk from Ebay hopefully that one will work lol

At the top right of GParted, you selected the dropdown to change drives, and your USB drive wasn't listed?

Yep your right, It worked thanks.

However, now i'm in another dilemma, when i try to install things from "Pineapple Bar" onto the USB it displays "md5 mismatch".

Yep your right, It worked thanks.

However, now i'm in another dilemma, when i try to install things from "Pineapple Bar" onto the USB it displays "md5 mismatch".

Glad it worked for you! I thought the same thing first time I used Gparted. I was like "Where the hell is my USB drive?"

Not sure about the MD5 mismatch.

Glad it worked for you! I thought the same thing first time I used Gparted. I was like "Where the hell is my USB drive?"

Not sure about the MD5 mismatch.

I tried a different usb and it worked fine......"Sandisk Cruzer Fit 32gb" is retarded.

Thanks for the help!