USB Tethering with Pineapple Mk IV

Jubs

Hi,

Hopefully this is a quick question with a simple answer from a noob!

I am trying to USB tether from my Pineapple to my Galaxy Note 2. Firstly, I can tether using this phone just fine from my PC. It is just that, when I plug the Pineapple into the phone the USB Tether check-box remains greyed out and I'm unable to select it. The second I plug any PC into the phone the USB Tether check-box lights up and off I go. The phone is rooted and unlocked but it is not running any custom firmware, like CyanogenMod etc.

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers

Julian

Hi,

Hopefully this is a quick question with a simple answer from a noob!

I am trying to USB tether from my Pineapple to my Galaxy Note 2. Firstly, I can tether using this phone just fine from my PC. It is just that, when I plug the Pineapple into the phone the USB Tether check-box remains greyed out and I'm unable to select it. The second I plug any PC into the phone the USB Tether check-box lights up and off I go. The phone is rooted and unlocked but it is not running any custom firmware, like CyanogenMod etc.

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers

Julian

I am also facing same issue with my samsung galaxy s3. phone is neither detecting the pineapple nor detected by it.

Does anyone know what the input is that the phone is looking for to recognize that it's connected to a host that is capable of tethering? Is it a power thing? I'm going to do some investigation into this and see if I can do anything from the pineapple end to change the way it presents itself to the host. I'm guessing that there probably isn't anything as simple as a config file to change any options like this but is anyone knows any different or has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

I'm guessing that this is going to be a common issue on the current Samsung's so a solution will probably be worth sorting out. Any helpful guidance would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Julian

• 7 months later...

Sorry if this is a bit of an old thread to post in, but I had the same issue (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and managed to resolve it by using a powered USB hub connected to the pineapple. However I am still getting issues in getting the Internet Connection Sharing working. Hope this is of some help to you guys.

Edited by Nu1l