[MK4 - Dev Release] Version 2.7.7

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

Version 2.7.0 was a big success but it had a few very bothersome issues. With this first bug-fix release for the 2.7 line, we are tackling most of these issues and are adding a few extra features.

This version should have been completed much sooner - we have all just been very busy over the past couple of months. Updates should appear more frequently with 2.8 on the near horizon.

A quick note on future versions: 2.8 and 2.9 will be feature releases and will include as many firmware features / functions as possible. That means the main focus is on a stable image and improved background services. Version 3.0 will be a major milestone and will come with a completely new UI. There will be more information on the new UI soon, but I can tell you, it packs a punch and will change the way we utilize our pineapples.

2.7.7 Changelog:

-Fixed LAN / WAN LEDs.
-Fixed WiFi toggle in the UI.

2.7.6 Changelog:

-Fixed usb_modeswitch. This fixes USB 3G connections.
-Fixed PHP4's header. You will need to send two headers for a redirect. See /www/redirect.php

2.7.5 Changelog:

-Fixed monitor mode issue.
-Improved performance slightly.

2.7.4 Changelog:

-Fixed reverse SSH.
-Fixed a couple of other bugs.

2.7.3 Changelog:

-Bug Fixes
     -Updated version number.
     -Re-added Dsniff (urlsnarf, dnsspoof).
     -Fixed SSH being stuck on status page.

2.7.2 Changelog:

-Infusions
     -Fixed removing of USB infusions.
     -Fixed pinning of USB infusions.

Know bug: Version is still at 2.7.1 - Sorry, as these are dev releases it doesn't matter much, just something to be aware about. 2.7.3 will come shortly with a few more fixes.

2.7.1 Changelog:

-Reset functionality
     -Advanced menu reset button now calls the same script as the hardware reset button.
     -Script improved and made more reliable.
     -Script now also clears ALL user data / infusions etc. This is great if you get the “out of space” message and nothing works anymore.
-Module System
     -Rename to Infusions (as storage). Infusions are now at /pineapple/infusions/ (no need for devs to change anything)
     -Do not show USB modules when USB missing.
     -Download % indicator.
-Persistent backups
     -Add option keep infusions on upgrade. Only for stable upgrades.
     -USB required.
-Improved USB reliability
     -USB drives should mount more reliably now.
     -USB Wifi cards should be better recognized and should always enable on boot (Tested with ALFA NHA).
-Bug fixes
     -Change password is now sanitized and will accept passwords with spaces (... sorry).
     -Updating modules works correctly again.
     -Fixed urlsnarf logging.
     -Cleaned up build and improved performance quite a bit.

Download: http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/?downloads&downloadUpgrade=2.7.7
MD5: 8c559b97dd60e1dcf0cdbb0ab3850052
Note: If coming from a firmware version below 2.6.4, wait for the pineapple to fully boot back up after flashing then navigate to http://172.16.42.1:1471

As usual, please leave any feedback in this thread.

We hope you enjoy this release!
-The Jasager Team

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! 10x faster Just one thing, my ssh is staying online and when i click disconnect, nothing happens. I also want to say you guys are doing a great job and I cant wait to see the new UI verison 3.0.

I'll check out the SSH thing, should be a quick fix if it is a bug.

And thank you, it is always nice to hear that!

Hey,

I feel kinda noob now, but I cant get the firmware upgrade to work on my MARK IV pineapple, currently installed firmware 2.4.1, I get the wrong MD5sum every time I try to upgrade it, even tho im 99% sure that it is the correct checksum... I've even checked with my chksum locally installed, first I thought that I maybe had to upgrade some steps earlier, like 2.4.1 to 2.5.0 etc. Tried this, but still I get the checksum error.. I even tried to go through ssh and download and upgrade it manually, but there i get this error message "get : short *something*

This is getting really frustrating, what am I doing wrong? I think ive hit the wall, and cant see the problem myself, hard to get outside this box, so I was thinking some fresh minds here could lead me into the correct path.

Thanks alot in advance!

Was running 2.7.0 ok before this. Steps I took to upgrade... Flashed new 2.7.1 firmware. Reformatted USB drive, setup swap as usual and configured swap in USB config. Everything works great until I try and add a infusion (module). It installs to USB seemingly ok. I pin it to the nav bar. When clicking on any of the infusions, however, they don't load and instead give me a messed up status page. I have flashed it twice to no avail.

I just noticed I only have the problem when installing to USB all of a sudden. I uninstalled the infusions and installed to internal memory and it worked without a hitch. ??

its a lot faster and reaver now works if you install it via the pinneapple bar

i can install to usb but the ui doesn't load in the new firmware . weird problem ???

am i doing something wrong ?

if i go to the resource tab it shows the usb .

and i can install tools to it via the pineapple bar .

screenshot of the problem attached

post-41765-0-99915200-1357754224_thumb.j

its a lot faster and reaver now works if you install it via the pinneapple bar

i can install to usb but the ui doesn't load in the new firmware . weird problem ???

am i doing something wrong ?

if i go to the resource tab it shows the usb .

and i can install tools to it via the pineapple bar .

screenshot of the problem attached

I am having the same problem (see my above posts.) Odd as they are in what seems to be the correct folders on the filesystem.. /usb/infusions/infusion_name as well as linked from /pineapple/infusions/usbinfusions -- So I'm not sure where else to trace the problem.

Hey,

I feel kinda noob now, but I cant get the firmware upgrade to work on my MARK IV pineapple, currently installed firmware 2.4.1, I get the wrong MD5sum every time I try to upgrade it, even tho im 99% sure that it is the correct checksum... I've even checked with my chksum locally installed, first I thought that I maybe had to upgrade some steps earlier, like 2.4.1 to 2.5.0 etc. Tried this, but still I get the checksum error.. I even tried to go through ssh and download and upgrade it manually, but there i get this error message "get : short *something*

This is getting really frustrating, what am I doing wrong? I think ive hit the wall, and cant see the problem myself, hard to get outside this box, so I was thinking some fresh minds here could lead me into the correct path.

Thanks alot in advance!

I would try to follow these steps and going the "upgrading manually" route.

You and the devs rock Sebkinne! Keep up the awesome work. Since I got the Pineapple 2 or so weeks ago I look forward to testing and doing some dev. Rock on!

Thank you - big stuff planned!

Hey,

Thanks alot in advance!

Make sure you rename the upgrade-2.7.2.bin(or whatever) to just upgrade.bin then upload it to your Pineapple then the MD5sum should check out fine.

Look good except the status page is reporting SSH is online? I have only run my startup script and rebooted 3 times, still saying online.

New issue Dnsspoof or urlsnarf not starting

EDIT:

thanks seb

I have sent you randomroll version 3.2 because renaming /usb/modules to /usb/infusions broke some stuff

Edited by petertfm

Look good except the status page is reporting SSH is online? I have only run my startup script and rebooted 3 times, still saying online.

New issue Dnsspoof or urlsnarf not starting

Fix incoming - OpenWRT marked Dsniff as broken, so if we clean the build it clears our dsniff package.

2.7.3 released.

Mine won't shut off either.

Once I have inserted my usb into a freshly flashed pineapple it won't stop saying online? Even if I remove my usb stick and restart?

EDIT:

May not be related to usb. I can see a process under the resources tab autossh and for some reason I can't kill it??

Edited by petertfm