USB Hacksaw Development

Darren Kitchen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Is there anyway to exclude certain file types or only allow certain file types? Because i don't want to uload video files at all. They take up way too much space. Would I have to tweak the raring program command line in the send? or is it a usb dumper mod?

EDIT:

I found this in the RAR Manual.

-x<f>   Exclude specified file <f>, wildcards may be used both

in the name and file parts of file mask. You may specify

the switch '-x' several times.

If mask contains wildcards, it applies to current directory

and its subdirectories. It is not recursive without wildcards,

so if you wish to exclude some "filename" in all directories,

you need to specify two masks: "filename" for current directory

and "*filename" for subdirectories. If you know an exact path

to file, you can use "pathfilename" syntax to exclude only

this copy of "filename". If you use -xpathfilename syntax

when unpacking an archive, "path" must be a path inside of

archive, not a file path on the disk after unpacking.

Examples:

1) rar a -r -x*.bak -x*.rar rawfiles

*.bak and *.rar files will not be added to rawfiles

2) rar a -r -x*temp -x*temp* savec c:*

compress all files on the disk c: except temp directories

and files inside of temp directories

3) rar x -x*.txt docs

extract all files except *.txt from docs.rar

-x@<lf> Exclude files using the specified list file. If you use -x@

without the list file name parameter, it will read file names

from stdin.

Example:

rar a -x@exlist.txt arch *.exe

Does anyone know which would be a better choice to use?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

found this while looking for the switchblade (posted teh switchblade link in the switchblade thread) ..

haven't tried either yet (at work right now, but I will when I get home..), but the switchblade version atleast downloaded...

http://www.usbhacks.com/2006/10/07/usb-hacksaw/

I'm looking for the spektormax usb hack.. or even better would be Mubix's usb from the latest episode (2x10).. downloaded all the apps listed..hoping to get something similar working...

Ok so I did this and now I have 150 emails of "Goodies" in my gmail account.  Do I have to open each one individually and save the . rar file. . That will take an hour. . . .

If I want to take this off the PC do I run the Antidote

Of course you could also just install hxxp: www. softpedia. com/get/Internet/E-mail/Mail-Utilities/GMail-Drive-shell-extension. shtml  and download from

Windows Explorer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a link:  http://www.usbhacks.com/2006/10/07/usb-hacksaw/  I don't know how to make the file work after I download it though?

There was nothing when I opened up the payload, other than a "go.cmd" which was in payload/WIP/CMD (which I clicked and I don't think it did anything).  I also went to folder options and told it to view hidden files and system folders, but still nothing.

If you could please help me, then that would be great!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I have watched the show for a very long time now and this was the one thing that really caught my eye when it first came out but I had no use for it. . .  until now.

I have a few questions, I hope you guys can help me because some of this stuff is really confusing me :(

Okay so I downloaded the USB Hacksaw source and started to play with it but I am not exactly the best in C++ so I can't exactly manipulate it as I please for my use.

You see I am apart of the IT department at my work place and we have stated in our agreement that users who use our network will not damage it, abuse their rights, bring inappropriate files to the work place and put them on their home folders etc, as well as stating that we have the authority to monitor their external devices they bring into the workplace, are allowed to prevent them from bringing certain files into the work place etc (Windows Server 2003 R2 takes care of that), etc.  They all sign this agreement and are shown this agreement every time they log into their workstation.  Once they log in they MUST click 'I agree' to agree to our terms, once they do it unlocks their computer and they can get on with the job (like the Novell login setup).

ANYWAY, I want to be able to install this on all of our workstations BUT I want to be able to get it to do the following:

- only copy SOME filetypes, such as . docs, xls, ppt, etc (for backup and monitoring purposes as we have learned that people tend to bring innappropriate material to the work place within these sorts of documents and while we need for them to use the whole office package, we can't block them from putting what they like in these files that they bring from home)

- Instead of emailing the copied data, everything that is copied is sent to a central directory on the server (serverUSBLogs for example) which is determined by a config file that is ON the server, which all of the clients link to from the workstations they are on (they all read the same config on the network)

- Now with the copied documents that save to the USBLogs folder, I want to be able to index the copied files properly so instead of having them all copied to dated folders, they will copy to folders that are named FIRSTLY but the users login name, then they will save in folders within that which are named by date and time (e. g.  serverUSBLogsJohn Doe09082007-0100) the 0100 being 1am, military time as you can't exactly put the time in as 1:00am.

EDIT: I forgot to add this, I would also like to be able to 'cap' how much it will copy from an external source but would be able to manipulate this cap in the config file. 2gb at the moment for flashdrives seems to be the maximum over in my workplace so that would be very good to have.

These are the main three problems I need to solve and I have no idea how to solve them.  Any help or compilations that any of you have done yourself would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

• 2 weeks later...

Okay! Well I finally got it to download (the rar file) using DTAoneClick (from DownThemAll extension for Firefox)!

:P

Anyways, I am now unsure of something in the README.txt file, this;

Usage:

------

*Insert non-hacksaw USB Flash drive into compromised computer

*Once recognized the sbs.exe process will copy data to the /docs directory where the USB Hacksaw has been installed, then silently run send.bat

*Send.bat will process the documents in /docs by archiving them to goodies.rar using RAR, establish an SSL connection to smtp.gmail.com using Stunnel, and transmitting them to the email address designated in the emailto variable using Blat. Send.bat will then remove the /docs and goodies*.*

Does this mean I need two different USB's?

Please reply ASAP,

USBHacker

Okay! Well I finally got it to download (the rar file) using DTAoneClick (from DownThemAll extension for Firefox)!

:P

Anyways, I am now unsure of something in the README.txt file, this;

Usage:

------

*Insert non-hacksaw USB Flash drive into compromised computer

*Once recognized the sbs.exe process will copy data to the /docs directory where the USB Hacksaw has been installed, then silently run send.bat

*Send.bat will process the documents in /docs by archiving them to goodies.rar using RAR, establish an SSL connection to smtp.gmail.com using Stunnel, and transmitting them to the email address designated in the emailto variable using Blat. Send.bat will then remove the /docs and goodies*.*

Does this mean I need two different USB's?

Please reply ASAP,

USBHacker

yes and no The usb hacksaw steals the info off any device plugged into the infected computer and e-mails it to you

Can someone please help!

I can't see any files inside the SBS folder. I have tried extracting them again to that folder, and I have gotten all those dialogs coming up, saying overwrite this file? Then I say yes...

etc...

But I still can't see the files!

Can someone please help me!

USBHacker

PS: I have my folder options set as show hidden files and folders.