WIFI DDoS Attack and how to stop it

NoahC

i admit 0% knowledge of what im about to ask, couldnt you have a hard wired box using ics to have ad hoc wireless network, that should bypass this as to my knowledge ad hoc is peer to peer communication instead of using a central hub (router) to communicate.

use cat5 ? lol probably been mentioned though

also why not try those adapters you can buy that use the electric ring main to extend your network ... might mitigate the wireless attacks

Edited by Trip

i admit 0% knowledge of what im about to ask, couldnt you have a hard wired box using ics to have ad hoc wireless network, that should bypass this as to my knowledge ad hoc is peer to peer communication instead of using a central hub (router) to communicate.

cat5 run would be good idea depending on distance and how the apartments are laid out and if you're directly wall to wall, but usually apartments have firewalls between apartments, so you'd drill through sheetrock and hit cement wall between you. Could run outside.

As for adhoc, don't quote me, but I think its transmitted in the clear. Be like sniffing open wifi, unless they have an encrypted version of adhoc networks, connection speeds would suffer for the main computer used to share its internet since it would have to bridge an additional nic to the router while providing the adhoc to the neighbor. I see that as the potential to get them both owned pretty quickly too, especially if neighbors machine has virus, and is directly connected to main hosts machine, would make getting in much easier in my mind, but thats the tinfoil hat talking(why I get picked on for that but anyway, shit does work..lol)