The Mac OSX ICS Settings have some how borked my pineapple's wifi

aarocka1

I tried using the instructions on the wiki for using the wifi pineapple with Mac OSX ICS. Now the wifi wont work, and I have no way to get into the pineapple. I tried both ethernet ports on the pineapple and my macbook air keeps on giving it's self self assigned IP addresses. Currently I am trapped in an airport with an almost 5 hour delay.

[EDIT]

I have tried sshing to 192.168.2.254 using both ports to no avail!

Edited by aarocka1

I tried using the instructions on the wiki for using the wifi pineapple with Mac OSX ICS. Now the wifi wont work, and I have no way to get into the pineapple. I tried both ethernet ports on the pineapple and my macbook air keeps on giving it's self self assigned IP addresses. Currently I am trapped in an airport with an almost 5 hour delay.

[EDIT]

I have tried sshing to 192.168.2.254 using both ports to no avail!

Hope this gets to you no matter where you are.

Which guide did you follow ? (By default the Mac gives out ip's on the 192.168.2.0/24 range)

The best guide is here: http://forums.hak5.o...-mac-ics-works/

I myself use several different methods to get the pineapple up and sharing, but my last post explains it better.

Unfortunately, you have two choices:

(1) Hard reset or (2)try to ping the device.

If you really don't want to reset the pineapple, start by pinging 192.168.2.1 and work your way up from there (quick and dirty fix)

You should see replies on whatever ip the mac is connected to. You can ssh into this or use chrome/firefox to go into the UI and repair the settings.

[edit] you can always try the following to perform a ping sweep, couldn't remember it off hand:

just open a terminal and run this(assuming 192.168.2.0/24 is the range you set)

$ for i in {1..254}; do ping -c 1 -W 1 192.168.2.$i | grep 'from'; done
[/CODE]

I personally don't like messing with the defaults on the pineapple, it causes issues further down the road. If you need any of the original config files, send me a PM and i'll email them to you/post them here, if you don't have backups.

Edited by RebelCork

K well I made it home which means if I need to do a serial flash, I can use my arduino as a seral converter by jumping ground to rest and use the rx and tx pins. The reason why I am not doing a hard reboot is because it says that it might brick it. http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/wiki/doku.php?id=guidemacics. Also I do have backups, but that's not going to help since I can't see the device.

Edited by aarocka1

K well I made it home which means if I need to do a serial flash, I can use my arduino as a seral converter by jumping ground to rest and use the rx and tx pins. The reason why I am not doing a hard reboot is because it says that it might brick it. http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/wiki/doku.php?id=guidemacics. Also I do have backups, but that's not going to help since I can't see the device.

What looks like is happening is that your Mac is not giving out ip addresses in the 192.168.2.0/24 range.

What ip address is it giving you?

Have you also tried a ping sweep?

Edited by RebelCork