[Question] How to remove sd card from usb ducky

JOHNDarc0de
Go to solution Solved by ashbreeze96,

I Know this is a stupid question but i have no option i successfully copied the helloword in my sd card then i inserted the sd in my rubber ducky and i inserted the ducky in my usb port and i got the desired out put, but now i am unable to remove the sd card , the ducky seems to be very delicate so i don't want to risk anything, can some one instruct me the correct way on how to remove the sd card from the ducky

Its always a little stiff at first...

try to use your nail (any finger or thumb) and apply outward pressure on the small lip of the exposed part of the mini-sdcard. Eventually, it will come free... you may want to repeatedly insert remove the card, to break it in. After a few attempts you'll have no stiffness issues.

• 2 weeks later...
bring this back up how do you take out the sd card on the green board it came wih it all ready in????

The green duck I have is the first revision, u have to slide the piece of metal holding in the sd card toward the USB end, then it should flap open. But if it's like my red one (revision 2) then u just slide the card out with a bit of force

Edited by petertfm

The green duck I have is the first revision, u have to slide the piece of metal holding in the sd card toward the USB end, then it should flap open. But if it's like my red one (revision 2) then u just slide the card out with a bit of force

i am not really sure what revision i have a green broad but the part that holds in the sd is fixed to there are no hinges and if it is spring loaded it is broken when i got

you normally have a small RX, where X is a number in the corner of the board (usually appears on both sides)

I believe the color versions are:

• Green = R1
  • Red = R2
  • White =R3

So you probably have one with the sliding metal tab

you normally have a small RX, where X is a number in the corner of the board (usually appears on both sides)

I believe the color versions are:

• Green = R1
  • Red = R2
  • White =R3

So you probably have one with the sliding metal tab

ya it says r1 but mine is not a sliding tab i have looked for the hing but there is none and i tried pulling it out but the sd will not budge and i called and emailed hak5 but there has been no answer are they at some convention right now

• Solution

sounds like you have the same version as me. it is green with R1 but the card holder is completely soldered down. i took a pair of fine tipped needle nose pliers and gently pulled til it came out the first time. now after being used a bit, it comes out with a push from a fingernail

sounds like you have the same version as me. it is green with R1 but the card holder is completely soldered down. i took a pair of fine tipped needle nose pliers and gently pulled til it came out the first time. now after being used a bit, it comes out with a push from a fingernail

nice thank for the tip

I used mine so much it almost falls out.

• 11 years later...
28 minutes ago, Bryguy said:

there is a sautr blocking the sd card

I have no idea what a "sautr" is, but you probably have a gen2 Ducky if you just got it and there shouldn't be anything blocking the Micro SD card slot on the gen1 Ducky in the way that the USB-C connector mounting blocks the Micro SD card slot on the gen2. Bringing an 11 year old thread to life isn't most likely relevant in this case either.