Radio not starting after setting up Network Manager

LinuxDad

Following yesterday's forum postings, I installed the Network Monitor. I wanted to change some configuration settings on the Radio (I wanted a Password for the default SSID).

I'm still not certain if doing so actually interferes with a Deauth attack or not yet, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

My issue was that the Radio would not restart after removing the Network Monitor.

This leaves me with two questions:

1. Do I need to configure Internet Sharing, and if so, how do I know whether the eth0 or eth1 will be connected for the out pathway (is there a way to specify that either ethernet is suitable?)?

2. After removing the Network Monitor module, I wanted to revert the operation back to what the Pineapple had before installing the module in the first place. However, after deinstalling the module, the radio would not turn on, I suspect that there were still remnants of the module still in place on the pineapple, thus preventing it from restarting.

Suggestions? Comments? Did I miss an RTFM?

Hmm, is this relevant?

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: sh: write error: Invalid argument

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: sh: write error: Invalid argument

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led WLAN

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led WAN

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led USB

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led LAN

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: Failed to start hostapd for phy0

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: Failed to connect to hostapd - wpa_ctrl_open: No such file or directory

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:wan/mode: nonexistent directory

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:wan/device_name: nonexistent directory

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:lan/mode: nonexistent directory

00:01:08 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:lan/device_name: nonexistent directory

I would reinstall the current 2.7.0 firmware to rebaseline the pineapple if you feel something is missing. I'm confused as to why you installed the Network Manager, used it to change settings and then uninstalled it.

1. *eth0 = LAN/POE eth1 = WAN* I have no idea why you uninstalled the network manager module but as far as setting ICS. It is the second tab in the network manager module. I think what happened is "wpa_suppliment"

got corrupted in the module. *this happens to me* Search the forums for USB dongle script. I have put this into the "button" module so when I press the WPS light for 0 -2 seconds it will connect wlan1 to my WPA / WPA2 wireless access point.

2. Like I said above, I believe that wpa_suppliment is actually installed when the module is pulled off the pineapple bar and when you delete an module it erases the modules .htm and config but does not erase dependcies that were pulled down with the module. I am just making a guess

Hope this helps :)

Edited by stealthkit

Just a clarification: the module does not install or modify wpa_suppliment ;)

Thanks for clearing that up WM. I have been wondering how that modules inner workings worked. So LinuxDad scratch off number 2 as a possibility. From all these problems I have seen you have in different threads, I recommend a fresh install of Pineapple Open-Wrt. It also would not hurt to repartition / format your mkswap. Its your call :)

Good Luck