[BugReport] Rubber Ducky Deluxe Acting Up

bow2me26
Go to solution Solved by no42,

ok I think this new rubber ducky is bricked or something . I just got it up and running and tried out the lock your computer payload . And instead of opening up a txt file and typing what it was suppose to . The thing tried to open up like 600 copies of my net gear program and nearly everything else on the desktop . And each time i put it back in it tries to do something else .

• Solution

ok I think this new rubber ducky is bricked or something . I just got it up and running and tried out the lock your computer payload . And

instead of opening up a txt file and typing what it was suppose to . The thing tried to open up like 600 copies of my net gear program and

nearly everything else on the desktop . And each time i put it back in it tries to do something else .

Your probably missing a DELAY 2000 (may need adjusting) on your first line, the Ducky executes as soon as its plugged in. The OS has missed the GUI-R call for a run-box, and is instead proably executing all files/shortcuts on your desktop.

Easily fixed by appending DELAY 2000 as the first line on the Ducky Script

Today my new rubber ducky came in and Windows 7 doesnt want to install the drivers for it. I tried on two separate computers. I will continue looking for more answers but if anyone willing to give a newb a heads up I would appreciate it.

Im assuming your trying to flash the Ducky. Windows will initially install what it thinks is the correct driver.... this is wrong.

• Go to Device Manager,
  • Locate the Ducky (usually under USB devices),
  • It should look like DFU-xxxx
  • Right Click
  • Choose Update driver
  • Manual Install
  • Point it to the signed drivers from Duck_Programming.zip
  • Click ok

It should then work with no further issues.

Edited by midnitesnake

If your ducky isn't working properly it could be fixed simply with a firmware flash. Failing that we'll always exchange 'em - just contact the hakshop. Oh and be sure to put a DELAY 2000 at the top of any windows payloads with the default firmware. Windows needs a second to recognize the HID before keystroke injection.