Idea for a more reliable version of DNS Spoof?

Smerk

Hi,

I've noticed that on when connecting to Hotspots, the hotspot router doesn't use DNS spoofing to redirect you to their splashpage. I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate this into the Pineapple firmware - this would be a lot more reliable as people wouldn't need to flush their DNS, etc.

Unrelated question: Is it possible to DNS Spoof clients requesting access to a SSL encrypted domain?

Thanks,

Sam

Unsure about the first question... but the second... http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/10032/protecting-yourself-against-dns-spoofing ... This will give you an idea... but SSL strip is the only way I know of... and nowadays... SSL strip is hit or miss.

Hi,

I've noticed that on when connecting to Hotspots, the hotspot router doesn't use DNS spoofing to redirect you to their splashpage. I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate this into the Pineapple firmware - this would be a lot more reliable as people wouldn't need to flush their DNS, etc.

Unrelated question: Is it possible to DNS Spoof clients requesting access to a SSL encrypted domain?

Thanks,

Sam

yeah youre talking about NoCat, NoCatAuth, NoCatSplash , etc etc. it shouldnt be a problem to run on any accesspoint running linux.