USB Tethering, iPhone

LinuxDad

LinuxDad,

Yes, in theory it is possible. All you really need is "libimobiledevice" and you should be good to go. It does depend on what iPhone version you have though - OpenWRT doesn't keep the packages on bleeding edge.

If you tell me what kind of phone you have I am going to add it to my to-do list and will send you a PM once I have something to test.

Well I have a Generic iPhone 4, running iOS version 5.1.1 - I am using Cydia, and can also provide any support that you may need in testing the updates.

Since the MyWi package offers Wifi Hotspot, USB Tethering, and Bluetooth Tethering I thought that it would be an idea replacement for the Andriod.

Please feel free to reach out to me at aewhale@ABS-CompTech.com. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Is there anything available to test on the iPhone 5? I am on the same boat in that I have a jailbroken iPhone with a grandfathered unlimited data package. I would think like a USB 3G dongle I can enable USB tether on my iPhone and connect it to the pineapple.