[Info] The Ducky and iOS?

C3PBRO

So i just bought a ducky yesterday and am patiently awaiting on its arrival (i live in Australia so any idea on how long it will take?). I have seen Darrens video of it running scripts on Android but will this also work on iphones, ipads etc?

I thought exactly this, and tried plugging a Teensy++ into my iPhone 3GS using a camera connection kit, unfortunately it doesn't support USB keyboards (not sure about iPhone 5, but I'll try when I get one in the new year...) However, I was able to type to text and play music (using F8) on my iPad.

I assume that it will work just as well with the Ducky. I haven't had a huge amount of time to play with it, but I'm sure some interesting things can be done with nothing more than a keyboard and an unattended iPad...

I'm sure that an iPad supports 30-pin keyboards. They used to sell this keyboard however, it seems to have disappeared from the market.. probably due to third party keyboards.

I think that it's very possible, and that a camera kit doesn't have the required pins to be able to input text. I guess we gotta get that ductape and screwdrivers ready!

For who wants to take a chance: the Apple dock keyboards seem rather inexpensive on eBay.

Good luck. ;)

I'm telling you that I just used a camera connector and plugged in my Teensy++ 2.0 into it. It worked perfectly. No need to bust out the DIY kits.

Try it yourself, it's not as hard as you think...

wait... so it worked??

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

(send me a link to your camera connector) XD

I thought exactly this, and tried plugging a Teensy++ into my iPhone 3GS using a camera connection kit, unfortunately it doesn't support USB keyboards (not sure about iPhone 5, but I'll try when I get one in the new year...) However, I was able to type to text and play music (using F8) on my iPad.

I assume that it will work just as well with the Ducky. I haven't had a huge amount of time to play with it, but I'm sure some interesting things can be done with nothing more than a keyboard and an unattended iPad...

I am confused

I live in the UK. I recently came back from a two week holiday to Florida. While I was there, I bought a dual SD and USB camera connection kit for my iPad (which I had bought in the UK). It was bought to just transfer pictures from the camera I had with me so I didn't need to have extra memory cards.

Last week, when I was writing a script for the ducky (I test on my Teensy as I don't own a ducky), I tried plugging it into my iPad just for the fun of it.

It works, I'll video it and upload it to YouTube for you guys...

Here is the YouTube video as promised.

Also, if anyone is interested, here is a link to Amazon that appears to be idential to the connector I used. http://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Camera-Connection-Card-Reader/dp/B004TJB2TG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1355836557&sr=8-8&keywords=camera+connection+kit

Can't comment on any other connection kits - just the one I used.

Yeah, I've never thought about it, but I'm sure you could do it with count. But iOS have massive lockout times which steadily get longer, so I doubt people will have much luck... :-(

My brother once forgot his password so many times he was locked out for 48 hours!

Thanks!!!

Here is the YouTube video as promised.

Also, if anyone is interested, here is a link to Amazon that appears to be idential to the connector I used. http://www.amazon.co... connection kit

Can't comment on any other connection kits - just the one I used.

Wow thanks for this Xcellerator! I'll have a play around with iOS as soon as my ducky arrives! Can't wait!