Katana Problems

MrKitty871

so yesterday i downloaded katana to try out and everything was working fine until i had to my usb bootable. im running windows 7 so i right clicked the "bootinst.bat" and ran as administrator. but the batch file wanted to make my C: drive bootable. when it was my flashdrive (G:) i wanted to make bootable. but if i dont run as administrator it directs the install to my flashdrive. but cant make it bootable because it doesn't have admin right, and i cant run it as admin because we just go right back to C: drive.

my flashdrive is a SanDisk Cruzer 16GB. please help.

and i noticed that a user by the name of kakashi made a post about this as well, but didn't get any answers. so please help me

Going to go out on a limb here, but have you tried editing the bat file? Something that does an install, and defaults to the c drive, you're lucky it didn't format your hdd. Check the katana site for documentation, or post the bat file here, may be as simple as just manually editing the bat to point to your thumb drive letter.

Personally though, if trying to install an iso to a thumb drive, give unetbootin a try. Should handle the install for you, just make sure to point to the correct drive! http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/