Upgrading Mark IV

SFisher

Hey Guys,

Sorry to ask stupid questions again but I think I have a problem.

I set the pineapple mark IV up to do it's upgrade from 2.4.1(How it was shipped to me) to version 2.7.

I started with a power cycle, turned off all services. I checked the resources and had almost 7000 free, downloaded the file, selected it in the update box, pasted in the MD5 and clicked ok. The graphic came up with a bunch of fruit and told me that the pineapple is being upgrade and that it would restart and refresh the page. As per the instructions in the book I figured it would only take 10-15 min. After about 20 the page didn't refresh and I was tired so I said forget it and went to bed.

This morning the page had not refreshed and the graphic was still going with the same message that the pineapple was being upgraded and that it would refresh. I clicked to the about section and the pineapple is still at 2.4.1.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers.

post-41109-0-80350600-1352656209_thumb.j

Thanks Seb!

Worked like a charm. I guese GUI fails again. Who needs it, command prompt is always so much better!

For furture reference, should I command line it everytime or use the GUI?

The GUI is what you should use. It takes care of a few extra things..

The reason it could fail is because either: JS is disabled, you are using IE, you are disabling scripts or similar.

Could also be a bug in an old version.. but yeah.

I am having the same issue. I got my pineapple with firmware 2.4.1 and am currently upgrading to version 2.7.0 but after 2 hours i am still waiting for the page to refresh.

What do i do? If i stop in the middle of the procedure will i risk bricking my device?

Open a new tab, go to http://172.16.42.1:1471/

It helps reading the changelogs ;)

Open a new tab, go to http://172.16.42.1:1471/

It helps reading the changelogs ;)

Yes i did, that was what i tried 45 minutes later and all i get is "The connection timed out" "Server at 172.16.42.1:1471 is taking too long to respond"

and the previous tab is not refreshing for over 2 hours now. Any ideas? Stopping the page now or doing anything to it might brick my device

Please help

Update

It worked, the reason it didnt work was because backtrack 5 had disconnected me from the internet without and notification, once i re-established connection everything when fine.

I really am sorry to have wasted all your precious time as that was definately not my intention

But thanks for all your help i really appreciated it and once again i really am sorry

Update

It worked, the reason it didnt work was because backtrack 5 had disconnected me from the internet without and notification, once i re-established connection everything when fine.

I really am sorry to have wasted all your precious time as that was definately not my intention

But thanks for all your help i really appreciated it and once again i really am sorry

Hey, don't worry, I am really glad it worked out for you!

Best,

Sebkinne