My Antenna Connecter Broke On My Mark 4 (AP121U)

DJJeff

I bought a 18db antenna screwed it onto my pineapple and may have screwed it on too tight I'm not sure.

I noticed when I finished putting on the antenna it kept turning and turning so I opened up the pineapple and sure enough it looked broken and very small pigtail thingy was very loose and falling off the connecter so anyways I decided to goto my local electronics shop to look for a replacement and they dont have one or dont know which pigtail I need could you fill me in on which one I need?

Here is a photo pointing at the piece I need

65y6b.jpg

Just have to ask, have you tried to put the pigtail back on to the connector? Or can you clearly see that something is broken?

In the picture you posted I think the connector seems just fine.

My guess is that the pigtail just got disconnected by the twisting, and you should be able to put it back on there. Just be careful when trying to connect it, as you have to put on some pressure to make it snap back into position.

I had the same problem with mine. Fortunately it just snapped out of place without breaking. I can recommend everyone to unscrew the external antenna nut and put some epoxy or hot glue between the inner case and the base of the antenna connector. This will prevent the connector to loose up and start spinning causing damage to the antenna cable.

Tactoad Hotglue all the way man :) I had the same with mine , thank god i got quiet a few of these cables lying around my room :P my original RP-SMA Adapter went all frayed and pretty much fell to pieces on the inside due too over use, the new adapter I fitted had a sort of clamp on the inside and out hasn't moved a tiny bit since , but I still agree with Tactoad , hotglue should work :)

DJJeff not sure that will work and it's way to expensive....

http://www.amazon.com/HDE®-RP-SMA-Female-Center-cable/dp/B0081ISSTS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1352246371&sr=8-4&keywords=rp-sma+to+ufl

Those are a $1.50 a piece. I bought two when I ordered just incase I broke something.

But seriously, did you actually break the cable or the tiny UFL head that snaps onto the board at the round connector point? If not just be careful and snap it back on. Most people on replace them if they break the cable or start to see wifi signal degradation that could be attributed to poor quality/internal breakage in the original cable.

DJJeff not sure that will work and it's way to expensive....

http://www.amazon.co...s=rp-sma to ufl

Those are a $1.50 a piece. I bought two when I ordered just incase I broke something.

But seriously, did you actually break the cable or the tiny UFL head that snaps onto the board at the round connector point? If not just be careful and snap it back on. Most people on replace them if they break the cable or start to see wifi signal degradation that could be attributed to poor quality/internal breakage in the original cable.

And @DJJeff, yea, that would work, but like thesugarat said, too expensive.

I had the same problem with mine. Fortunately it just snapped out of place without breaking. I can recommend everyone to unscrew the external antenna nut and put some epoxy or hot glue between the inner case and the base of the antenna connector. This will prevent the connector to loose up and start spinning causing damage to the antenna cable.

Instead just use two wrenches to tighten.