Provide internet access via WAN port?

velkrosmaak

This used to work before I upgraded firmwares recently; where I would just connect the pineapple via WAN to my network, it would get an IP via DHCP from my main router and I could access the pineapple's UI via that IP (which I still can). It would also serve (karma'd) internet, which it no longer does. Am I missing something in the new firmware? Have I forgotten to do something obvious and stupid?

Thanks dudes!

Do you have a Mark IV? One eth port is set for 172.16.42.42 (you'll have to set the IP address of your Nic manually) and the other pulls an IP from dhcp... I forget which is which this second but I believe it's stated in the free Manual PDF that you can download. It's one of the stickied items at the top of the forum.

I use the following commands to run the Mk4 as a regular AP (connect my home network to the Pineapple, and run karma/sslstrip) on the wireless network. The device will be manageable over the WAN port (just take note of the assigned IP when the script runs):

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o wlan0 -s 172.16.42.0 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
[/CODE]

• 1 month later...

Digging up this thread again... Do I need to do anything else after running the commands above? I still can't get an Internet connection on clients. Have tried rebooting before and after running the command, but am guessing rebooting afterwards clears that setup.

Is there an easy way to do this in network manager?

Digging up this thread again... Do I need to do anything else after running the commands above? I still can't get an Internet connection on clients. Have tried rebooting before and after running the command, but am guessing rebooting afterwards clears that setup.

Is there an easy way to do this in network manager?

In the Network Manager there is a ICS tab. Set it to Eth1 to BR-LAN. As long as I have the WAN plugged in when booting up I don't have any problems and it always works.

-Stealthkit

• 2 months later...

In the Network Manager there is a ICS tab. Set it to Eth1 to BR-LAN. As long as I have the WAN plugged in when booting up I don't have any problems and it always works.

-Stealthkit

Thanks, this works for me. And when I use the Pineapple with ICS or 3G dondgle, I have to change this again to blank?