Logitech K400 Wireless Keyboard

G-Stress

Guys, I'm about to pull hair I don't even have out, literally! I just got this keyboard which came with no driver disc, I found the unifying software download and when it is run it never see's the receiver. Looking in device manager of course it says the driver's are not installed. I can't for the nothing find the actual driver files the .inf files, it appears that this unifying software is suppose to install them, but every usb port gives the same issue.

I don't have another box here to test as I'm in the process of moving and I've searched for awhile for just the driver's , but nothing but this unifying software is returned in results.

ANY advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

So I did a little bit of research on this keyboard, and it seems that the unifying software is simply to add new devices to an existing receiver. Not an initial pair / re-pairing.

On that matter, the ad on Logitech's site for this particular model says "No cords, software or hassles. Just plug the tiny Logitech Unifying wireless receiver into a USB port and enjoy."

So here are my questions for you.

1.) what is the device name that shows up in your device manager

2.) when you go to the properties and resources for this device what is the hardware ID?

3.) Desktop or Laptop? (more of a curiosity)

4.) What version of Windows?

5.) does it work to get into your PC's BIOS?

I found the same information. That the unifying software was only to pair new devices. I have found nothing that lists driver's for this receiver. Everything I have found points back to the unifying software. To answer your questions above,

1.) Other Devices - USB Receiver

2.) USB\VID_046D&PID_C52B&REV_1201

USB\VID_046D&PID_C52B

3.) Laptop (Asus Model UL80Jt)

4.) Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

5.) Haven't tried it yet, but I'm betting it doesn't.

From what I can find by the VID & PID it is for the Logitech Download Assistant which has something to do with SetPoint.

I could not find anything sort of download for the Logitech Download Assistant and also when I downloaded and installed Setpoint I could not find any relative inf files (could be it cached them for install and deleted them from cache after)

I would try for kicks and giggles trying to use the keyboard to get into your BIOS if that doesn't work try your receiver in a different USB port

if neither of those works the next action I would take would be trying to find a way to re-associate the receiver with the keyboard (I would assume by using the Unifying software)

outside of that it's try it in another computer all together (which you said you don't have access to) or contact Logitech and tell them you got a lemon