Firefox zero-day exploit surfaces

VaKo

"Spiegelmock and Wbeelsoi claimed the vulnerability was one of 30 security bugs in Firefox they know of" That's really disturbing.

The Mozilla developers are gonna be real pissed with this.

I wonder if they're going to go nuts now to fix their javascript implementation. Javascript is basically the heart of the browser, alot of the code that goes into it is in fact javascript. It would not be an easy job, but might be something that they would need to do.

However, everyone should be using noScript anyway. It's really effective is controlling when Javascript is allowed. I love the fact that i basically get all the cool websites, digg.com, slashdot.org, and basically everything else without any of the shitty adds.

I do really like Firefox, been using it since it was a beta (0.7 i think), but i'm getting tired of the fanbois culture that surrounds it. It does have problems, and all the fansites, t-shirts and crop circles in the world won't fix that. They need to stop the feature creap and start a bug fix dev cycle.

I do really like Firefox, been using it since it was a beta (0.7 i think), but i'm getting tired of the fanbois culture that surrounds it. It does have problems, and all the fansites, t-shirts and crop circles in the world won't fix that. They need to stop the feature creap and start a bug fix dev cycle.

Thats why i stoped using FF. I liked it at first, then after a few updates i started to like it even less. If you ask me Opera is better then FF anyway.

Opera is pretty cool, but the reason I stick to firefox is the extensions. They let the user choose the features they want/need. Firefox should just focus on making the core browser rocksolid and sercure.

i've tried opera, but would have to say that i like firefox better. In fact, i've been using FF2RC1 and it's really cool. I have set it up exactly how i want it, it is seriously cool.

I've used Opera. Obviously it's better than IE6, that goes without saying, but i personally didn't like it that much.

The only other browser that i would recommend is Konqueror. At first i thought it was kinda ugly, but it seriously grows on you. it's a shame that it's the meaning of bloat: Web client, ftp client, file manager and heaps more all in one. If you like bloat though it can be REALLY cool. As well as tabs you can split windows, browse the web, ftp, and whatever else. It does so much it's seriously the killer app of KDE (i heard that somewhere and i think it's true). Only problem is that there's obviously no portable Konqueror, so i can't use it at uni the way that i do FF. It's a shame that not even FF is installed on many of the computers here.

I never liked Opera. I also never liked Firefox. The dedicated Google (well, search) box next to the location bar was annoying. (Yes, yes, I think someone told me you can use the location bar aswell)

I just use Seamonkey. Same browser goodness, but rather low on the fanboi radar. It gets the job done.

Firefox is a growing target... such a shame... prety soon it will be imposible for the Mozilla Foundation (now Coporation?) to keep up with the major security vunrabilitys with out releasing daily or bi-daily patches. I don't mind updating Firefox, at least you don't have to restart windows for the update to take effect, unlike a certian other browser.

haha (pls dont flame me) i prefer IE over firefox (pls dont flame me) but im a devil child been with microsoft since 3.1 (pls dont flame me) but when i tryed FF i couldt stand it + i like my FTP, in fact i pretty much use MS for every think all my programing is based in VB not C, i use IE, and Windows and my keyboard is MS ^^, the only thing i go against MS is with servers, then im with Netware ^^ (pls dont flame me) lol.