Pineapple Crashes When Memory Stick Is Inserted

tom564

The pineapple is running from a wall socket outputting around 12.4v so i figured power was not the problem however when I insert a usb storadge device (I have tried the sandisk cruzer fit 16GB formatting with ext4 and several others memory sticks with the same format ) but after the usb light illuminates all but the power lights go out and the device will not respond. Can anyone think of what i am doing wrong or any soloutions to this problems.

Edited by tom564

I have used a powered Hub and the problem still exists, I am also unable to start the ALFA adapter however it is detected but will not transmit anything. Does anyone know a solution?

sounds like your pineapple is borked, have you re flashed the firmware on the pineapple?

Edited by petertfm

The pineapple is running from a wall socket outputting around 12.4v so i figured power was not the problem however when I insert a usb storadge device (I have tried the sandisk cruzer fit 16GB formatting with ext4 and several others memory sticks with the same format ) but after the usb light illuminates all but the power lights go out and the device will not respond. Can anyone think of what i am doing wrong or any soloutions to this problems.

Does the pineapple boot and detect it you insert the memory stick directly into the pineapple before applying power?

What version 2.7?

EDIT: Also can you post a copy of your fstab?

Edited by lostngone

I think i have found the soloution to the usb problem as i had formatted ext4 in logical mode i refomated as primary and i am now able to use it. I also Think i have found that the pineapple does not provide enough juice to power the ALFA adapter i have .

Thank you for your support

Edited by tom564