Wifi Not Working With 2.7

Akumuryu

I had seen someone post almost similar issues but thought I would post something. After doing the firmware update to 2.7 from the OTA, i noticed after also working with the wifi survey module and could not find any networks. When ssh into the device and pulling an airmon, this is what I get.

Interface Chipset Driver

mon0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

wlan0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

mon.wlan0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

IEEE Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

802.11bgn Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

Mode:Monitor Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

Frequency:2.462 Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

GHz Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

Tx-Power=18 Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

dBm Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

With older firmware I was able to pull networks with both airodump and using the module. I have tried to flash a few times using putting and SCP. I have no problems installing modules and using other functions, just seems that the wlan is not working correctly. When testing with other clients I can’t connect to the device. With 2.5 I could do this but would hate to go back seeing there are some cool updates. I have also used other attenna's to verify that something has not happened with these. During the update, had power connected to power supply plugged into the wall

I had seen someone post almost similar issues but thought I would post something. After doing the firmware update to 2.7 from the OTA, i noticed after also working with the wifi survey module and could not find any networks. When ssh into the device and pulling an airmon, this is what I get.

Interface Chipset Driver

mon0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

wlan0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

mon.wlan0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

IEEE Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

802.11bgn Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

Mode:Monitor Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

Frequency:2.462 Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

GHz Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

Tx-Power=18 Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

dBm Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

With older firmware I was able to pull networks with both airodump and using the module. I have tried to flash a few times using putting and SCP. I have no problems installing modules and using other functions, just seems that the wlan is not working correctly. When testing with other clients I can’t connect to the device. With 2.5 I could do this but would hate to go back seeing there are some cool updates. I have also used other attenna's to verify that something has not happened with these. During the update, had power connected to power supply plugged into the wall

Does your wifi work otherwise? If yes, you just need to kill mon.wlan0 and re-create it as mon0.

You should be able to do this with the site survey module.

Does your wifi work otherwise? If yes, you just need to kill mon.wlan0 and re-create it as mon0.

You should be able to do this with the site survey module.

Kind of funny you ask that question. before the update to 2.7 it was working, when trying to roll back I have the same response with 2.5. I have killed all monitoring both through the survey module and and though ssh.

I was thinking it might also be the wifi pigtail inside the box but not sure how to open the device up. The sucky part is I just had received this back in august for my birthday and I've only had the time now due to work to play with it.

Edited by Akumuryu

Let me ask again:

Does your pineapple broadcast "Pineapple <Mac>" or nothing at all?

Does the WiFi not work at all or just not for monitor mode?

If a WiFi is being broadcast then I think you must be missing a step somewhere. If it is not and going down versions doesn't help then it seems like a hardware issue.

I've noted in 2.7.0 that I have to Stop Wireless on the Status page then enable it in say the Site Survey infusion for it to work properly. Same with the Reaver infusion. If I don't kill wireless at the Status page they just don't work.

Hackling, I have seen this and tried the same option at the status page. I thought at first why not try this by killing it and then working with the modules. Sebkinne, this is kind of a tricky question really. Here is why, in 2.5 it had been working decent, when i say decent the broadcast was working fine and was able to connect and pull up the network on many devices. I had noticed a few times that it had a weaker signal over time but then kicked back up. Really kind of hit and miss. did not think anything of it at the time. When upgrading to 2.7 there had been a few times it had been broadcasting but unable for any reason to connect. This is were the status page came back into play and stopping and restarting wireless. I have evened enabled through ssh a few times just to make sure. This is where i thought something had happened either hardware related or firmware related. As of right now by powercycling the device a few times i am now able to see it on a few devices but noticed that i can be right next to the thing and only get 2 to 3 bars, but still unable to connect at all. Sure I see the network but no matter what client i try to connect to it , it does not allow any connections, this of course is with the pineapple having no wifi password. It's kind of nerve racking but don't mind the troubleshooting steps because i think it's a cool concept of portabile honey pots and rouge devices. :)

n

• 1 month later...

Same thing happens with my Mark IV!!! I'm able to see the ssid from the pineapple (acting as the client "Oh, free wifi!") but I can't connect. From the Pineapple: No Karma, No reply in airmon-ng , site survey, zilch. Reflashed a few times as well, considered doing an exchange.

When I try to connect to the pineapple from my iPhone, I get an almost immediate "failure to connect " notice, but when I try to kill wlan0 in site survey, it never kills it O-o Cannot find Reaever in the Pineapple Bar to download yet .

Edited by Bountyhunter50