Upgraded To Latest Fw, No External Storage?

gmgfarrand

I upgraded to the current stable release, and when I plug in my USB flash that I have been using all along to store modules.. It seems to crash and the WPS light blinks.. only other light on is PWR...

I have taken the flash and reformatted with EXT4 and even used another flash drive.

What am I missing?

Hi there, I know you have probably done this already but u didnt mention it.

Update usb fstab

config global automount
option from_fstab 1
option anon_mount 1
config global autoswap
option from_fstab 1
option anon_swap 1
config mount
option target /usb
option device /dev/sda1
option fstype ext4
option options rw,sync
option enabled 1
option enabled_fsck 0
config swap
option device /dev/sda2
option enabled 1
[/CODE]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Issue "mkswap /dev/sda2"[/font][/color]

If I plug in the Flash Drive when the pineapple is off, it never boots up, the PWR light is on and the WPS keeps flashing.

if I plug in the Flash Drive when the pineapple is on, USB blinks a few times, then all the lights except PWR go out, then WPS starts flashing..

What gives?

Barring any hardware issues (USB drive has gone wonky), those symptoms sound like an inadequate power issue.

Try plugging in power with the provided power adapter and see if the problem goes away.

If you're already doing so, perhaps the power supply itself has gone tits up, and try a new one?

Before rolling back, I suggest you stick with 2.7.0 and reformat your USB drive. Follow the fstab update and mkswap inscturctions, then install your favorite infusions. As long as your pineapple is booting ok without the drive, this is probably the best option. I agree that you should use the provided power supply for these procedures instead of a battery pack.

(On a side note, I have an 8,000 mAh batter pack that powers the pineapple just fine. The USB drive I was using was an old 2Gig one I had laying around and it all worked well together. Then I bought an 8Gig SanDisk Cruzer for the low profile but it will not be powered by the pineapple when attached to the battery pack, with the power supply it does though. All of this happened with the new 2.7.0, so I know it's not a firmware issue. There are several other posts about this topic already though.)

Reading your original post, you've reformatted the drive since upgrading to 2.7.0 and it still won't boot. But rolling back to 2.4.0, that same drive works... Yeah that's an odd one. And you say you've used another usb drive... Did that one work? That would seem to rule out a USB to motherboard connection issue.