Wifislax---Great Os, One Big Problem... Spanish Not English

subhu

Hi, i have been following the show for more than four years and have pretty much gone though all the esisodes. I Love it. I have bumped into a small yet irritating problem and as we all know google has the answer to everything. I tried googling, I didn't find any specific answer. I have tried using WIFIslax and have gone through the SLAX a little bit. THE PROBLEM is the installed language SPANISH. I don't speak or understand spanish and tried different ways to solve it.

As many you know the WIFIslax version 4.2 Final is out. All the updates are lovely except one... theres no option to boot it in english. So I tried something. I copied the "009-english.xzm" from the WIFIslax 4.1 ISO and put it in the base folder... My trick did work out. I got English menu and interface, but certain menus and programs has not changed. I am not concerned with the menu items but airoscript-ng and other Wifi auditing program is still speaking spanish.

It might not be of any importance to people who understand Espanol but it BIG for us, who does not understand a word of it. It is painfull during a Audit. And i am clueless about how to solve this.

I understand that a lot of Linux Gurus including Darren are meditating over here, perhaps to them it is not such a big deal. I was hoping to find the answers over here...

Can You please help me with this? Any way around?

I appreciate you help...

Edited by subhu

Check to see if there is a quick fix, like an apt-get install language pack or something like that for the distro. If not, switch to a different distro, or build from source(good luck with that). You could also try checking the pre-set repos, and adding in ones form english sites, uninstall a program, then reinstall it from one of the english repos, but not sure of there is also something you would have to do to prepare kernel sources and such, if much of it is hard coded to Spanish.

I REMEMBER THIS! , i am pretty sure i remember what distro you'r talking about , i came across it last year at some point while living with my friends , i had no internet and used what i could to gain access to the internet " to my router downstairs of which i forgot my password for :) " , this was one of the CD's i had burried in my bag prior to moving in , personally , id just recommend backtrack now, i only stumbled onto backtrack when r4 was out , and got oober hyped up for r5 this year , I was not dissapointed :) , it does everything + more, i wish someone could of pointed me towards it at the time :) , what is it you want to use it for? anything specifically?