[Stable Release] Mk4 Firmware V2.7.0 Release

Sebkinne

Sadly not yet. There will be a way to upgrade your firmware with modules persisting but it will require USB.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

How long usually takes for the firmware upgrade? my its been doing it for about 10 minutes now...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just flashed 2.7 with the web ui on a mark iv.. everything went swimingly, save for the web ui isnt working now. When you go to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple you get stuck in a redirecting loop

the /www/pineapple directory was missing, so i coppied /pineapple to /www/pineapple and was able to get to the web ui.. there were some bugs though.

1. links in the navbar.php were pointing to /index.php?<php variable> >> changed to index.php?<php variable> and the links are working now

2. there is no authentication on the web ui

3. if you try to install modules from the web ui.. they download to /overlay/pineapple/modules . but they dont get added to the pineapple bar

i thnk issues 2 and 3 are because copying the pineapple directory was the wrong route to go...

has anyone else seen this and perhaps has a fix?

just closed the browser from the upgrade page that said it will automatically refresh after waiting an age, and on logging back in its giving firmware version 2.7.0 think it might have just been a problem with the page refreshing could be firefox add ons :wacko:

Possible. If you were on version < 2.6.4 then the checking for the re-boot will fail and the page will never refresh.

Otherwise, yeah, it should.

I just flashed 2.7 with the web ui on a mark iv.. everything went swimingly, save for the web ui isnt working now. When you go to http://172.16.42.1/p.../pineapple you get stuck in a redirecting loop

the /www/pineapple directory was missing, so i coppied /pineapple to /www/pineapple and was able to get to the web ui.. there were some bugs though.

1. links in the navbar.php were pointing to /index.php?<php variable> >> changed to index.php?<php variable> and the links are working now

2. there is no authentication on the web ui

3. if you try to install modules from the web ui.. they download to /overlay/pineapple/modules . but they dont get added to the pineapple bar

i thnk issues 2 and 3 are because copying the pineapple directory was the wrong route to go...

has anyone else seen this and perhaps has a fix?

O my god

I would re-flash before you brick the pineapple.

you have to browes to 172.16.42.1:1471

• 2 weeks later...

browse to 172.16.42.1:1471

This is got to be the 40th time someone has posted this issue

I hope that Darren or whomever will update the pineapple book. Posted in the pineapple book thread a about a week ago that it needs an update with the required port for accessing the web ui.

I figure noobz are using the book, but it needs an update badly to update this, or I fear well be seeing a lot more of these, or in the worst case, folks mucking about and bricking their MKIV to try to self-resolve. Glad the above fellow was able to re flash before it shit the bed. ;)

Edited by hfam

I hope that Darren or whomever will update the pineapple book. Posted in the pineapple book thread a about a week ago that it needs an update with the required port for accessing the web ui.

I figure noobz are using the book, but it needs an update badly to update this, or I fear well be seeing a lot more of these, or in the worst case, folks mucking about and bricking their MKIV to try to self-resolve. Glad the above fellow was able to re flash before it shit the bed. ;)

The pineapples still ship with 2.4.1 / 2.5.0. Not 2.6.x or even 2.7.0 yet - afaik.

So it kind of makes sense.. But yeah, it should be changed and I am sure it will soon.

Unfortunately it won't be changed until we have the room in our stock to reorder the booklets. I've added the comment to the Wifi Booklet page and the Item Q&A on Hakshop.com.

Hi, I'm currently translating the file http://cloud.wifipin...s/english-2.7.0 into Chinese.

Is anything I need to take care about? And can I test it on my Pineapple straight away? Does the language pack need to be packed into some special format?

Thank You~

Hi Panda.Bo,

I am very glad you are doing this! All you need to do is place it into the /pineapple/includes/languages/ folder and it should be selectable. Just make sure that you use the right encoding for the file - UTF8.

http://forums.hak5.o...atus-indicator/

Is this actually possible?

Sure - requires DNSSpoof being turned on.

You would just create the file. I suppose the best way to do this is through a module. Enable it to pwn any of those clients.

I suppose though, it could be integrated into the DNSSpoof module. Maybe it should be brought to the attention in that thread.