[Stable Release] Mk4 Firmware V2.7.0 Release

Sebkinne

alot of the good moduals don't work YET in this version. like the reaver gui and some others that I can not quite think of at the moment . I guess I will put my pineapple aside until updates are released.

Is there any news on a release date for mk4 v2.7.0 module updates?

edited: i just read that the update for dnsspoof has been released for the new firmware.

Edited by --nick--

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we use the "Phishing log" at the "Logs" section? Thank you in advance :)

You just use the phishing files that is in /www/ folder. It's the error.php that saves the login data to /pineapple/logs/"something"(well something like that I guess, just have a look in the error.php, and you will see the exact location)

So when you are phishing the login data will automagically appear in the logs page(may require refreshing the page)

Edit:

Hope that's an OK description, if you have more questions about phishing, then I guess that will be off-topic for this thread..(?)

Edited by loozr

thank you :) i didn't want to start a new topic because i thought it was a quick one and it's something that concerns a new frimware feature

EDIT: Found the solution! As you suggested i took a look at the error.php.. Phishing log displays the " /pineapple/logs/phish.log" file.

Edited by KiatoG

I also would not purchase another pineapple router unless the option to remove the PineNumbers and disable the cron job or setup to "call home" was added.

on a side note, even though I would remove this from my router, I would be interested to see if this could be used to attack other pineapple routers, spoofing, fake updates, traffic analysis etc.

alot of the good moduals don't work YET in this version. like the reaver gui and some others that I can not quite think of at the moment . I guess I will put my pineapple aside until updates are released.

Is there any news on a release date for mk4 v2.7.0 module updates?

edited: i just read that the update for dnsspoof has been released for the new firmware.

All the modules are working with v2.7.0. If you experience any issues with one of them, don't hesitate to post in the appropriate forum :)

• 3 weeks later...
I also would not purchase another pineapple router unless the option to remove the PineNumbers and disable the cron job or setup to "call home" was added.

on a side note, even though I would remove this from my router, I would be interested to see if this could be used to attack other pineapple routers, spoofing, fake updates, traffic analysis etc.

That is a fair enough decision. I should say, one will be able to disable the standard call home. We would love you not to but understand that some would.

What is important to note is that we will be launching services that will require your pineNumber. Remove it and those services will not be available for you. More on such services later.

In regards to security, it is no different than a MAC address of nature. This type of communication will go over an encrypted connection so while not impossible, it would be much harder to mess with. In the end, you have to think how realistic it is that this would happen. When you set up the pineapple / use some services you would transmit the pineNumber. Then you deploy it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have updated to 2.7.0 and after to 2.7.4. Both of the times pineapple started the upgrade but the page of the upgrade never refreshed (after 30 minutes) so I rebooted the pineapple and I logged in succesfully to the pineapple and it seems to work (except running sslstrip + urlsnarf at the same time and I have made a thread for that issue). Is that ok? I know that a typical flash or upgrade duration is +-5min. Why the upgrade page never refreshed?

I was in panic mode in order not to brick my pineapple next time! Any ideas?

Edited by BlackZero

I just want to know if someone else has similar issues

Actually my pineapple has never refreshed the page after an upgrade or a reflash. It reboots by it self and then i just have to run wp4.sh in order to get a connection and refresh the mage manualy (wich at that time is showing that the upgrade process is still running). After that everything works fine.

(Using BackTrack5R3)

Actually my pineapple has never refreshed the page after an upgrade or a reflash. It reboots by it self and then i just have to run wp4.sh in order to get a connection and refresh the mage manualy (wich at that time is showing that the upgrade process is still running). After that everything works fine.

(Using BackTrack5R3)

Try the latest upgrade (2.7.5). For me it worked like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that Darren or whomever will update the pineapple book. Posted in the pineapple book thread a about a week ago that it needs an update with the required port for accessing the web ui.

I figure noobz are using the book, but it needs an update badly to update this, or I fear well be seeing a lot more of these, or in the worst case, folks mucking about and bricking their MKIV to try to self-resolve. Glad the above fellow was able to re flash before it shit the bed. ;)

Thank god I saw this

Just got my MKIV ... had a blast with the MKIII

The book is cool .. but now I've drank too much trying to figure out what the he77 where's the web interface.

So now I've have too much to drink, so tomorrow I'll hit up 172.16.42.1:1471

Thank god I wasn't a total MKIV noob and decided to search first.

Beers!

Edited by wcs

I got a doubt. I see the lastest stable version is the 2.7.0. That it´s the version I have.

When the development versions change to lastest? I dont have a serial usb adapter, so I have to wait to lastest release for upgrade via pineapple GUI?

Thanks.

Edited by rmartinezv

I got a doubt. I see the lastest stable version is the 2.7.0. That it´s the version I have.

When the development versions change to lastest? I dont have a serial usb adapter, so I have to wait to lastest release for upgrade via pineapple GUI?

Thanks.

No, you can download 2.7.7 and go from there through the UI.

2.8.0 will be released when it is ready.

Thanks.

No. If you want to upgrade to a development firmware, then go here and download the .bin file. Rename the file to upgrade.bin and navigate to the upgrade page on the pineapple, then browse for upgrade.bin and select it. Then get the MD5 from the same page you downloaded the firmware from and copy and paste it to the MD5 Hash textbox and click Upgrade.

First READ the warnings on the page.

-Foxtrot

Edited by Foxtrot

Foxtrot is correct. Except that these firmwares aren't beta firmwares, they are development firmwares. They are working and have been tested but there may be bugs.

2.7.7 is almost 2.8.0 except for a kernel upgrade and it's special package repository. + a few bug fixes.

It will be released soon.

All right, doubt clear. But eventually the development firmwares will be latest? So when y press the update button on the UI it will appear?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, As Sebkinne said once the repository is running and the kernel has been updated then it will be 2.8.0, a stable release.

-Foxtrot

thx for the 2.7.7 update now the updating was like super easy and usb works after updating fstab no need even for reboot :P

it's alot faster tooo :D

shame i cant code but this would be cool to make as a module

https://bitbucket.org/LaNMaSteR53/pushpin

i had a lot of fun with the pine apple it's connected to my dvr-tv box

it status module is very nice ...