Aircrack-Ng Architectures For Android

Pwnd2Pwnr

I have done my snooping around for airocrack-ng for android. Now, I understand that the architectural differences between PCs and android (not a pro, just the gist). I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I have superuser access and want to place aircrack-ng onto my Triumph via sd card. Is there any step I am missing... do I need to emulate a debian workspace or can it work out of the box? I have the .tar ball and want to extract it to my phone.

From what I have read, this is probably not going to work... so... if anyone has any clue on how to... it'd be cool if you would help.

EDIT:

Looks like there is no work around. Looks like a dead end. What apps can be as bad ass as aircrack on the Android (would like to place to SD then install, without the play store).

Edited by Pwnd2Pwnr

Nice to know someone is there looking, too. So, open cli busybox, extract aircrack-ng, emulate its services through busybox? Hmmm.... sounds like a job for the developer... lol... but in all seriousness, this sounds like it could be pretty fun to figure out... (sigh)... lol

Before putting aircrack on the phone, does your phones wireless card have the capabilities to do what you want with aircrack in the first place? With regard to architecture, I'm assuming you are going to need to compile on the phone, or an emulator of the phones architecture before getting over to the phone (ie: arm based vs x86 or such) or make some sort of apk packaged version(which I have no clue how to do, those are Java based anyway,right?), so you will need linux source headers and what not and a compiler on the phone to install it on the phone I would assume, unless someones made an apk specifically for android thats like an all in one package/installer. I would 1, check your wifi cards compatibility and 2, see if there are actual apk's or ports already available.

Phones are not my area of expertise, but having installed OpenVPN, NMAP and some other stuff on my HP Touchpad, I would think you are in the same boat since my Touchpad is not a x86 based setup, most everything is done with premade packages for nslu2 as ipk files(Touchpad specific of course, android I think uses apk compiled java files or binariy packages if I am not mistaken), and then you need all the supporting libraries to make it work, so I would also assume, aircrack source code itself, will not do everything you need. You will have to track down and install all the supporting libraries needed to make it work, and also, a kernel that supports all of that.

I purchased BusyBox Pro, and it contains a lot of the nix command line options; not sure about the libs.

In regards of your nmap, is it ran via terminal? Nmap was my first love, so to speak, and would love to have it on my phone.

What OS does your touchpad run off of? I thought that was an android plat.

Before putting aircrack on the phone, does your phones wireless card have the capabilities to do what you want with aircrack in the first place? With regard to architecture, I'm assuming you are going to need to compile on the phone, or an emulator of the phones architecture before getting over to the phone (ie: arm based vs x86 or such) or make some sort of apk packaged version(which I have no clue how to do, those are Java based anyway,right?), so you will need linux source headers and what not and a compiler on the phone to install it on the phone I would assume, unless someones made an apk specifically for android thats like an all in one package/installer. I would 1, check your wifi cards compatibility and 2, see if there are actual apk's or ports already available.

Phones are not my area of expertise, but having installed OpenVPN, NMAP and some other stuff on my HP Touchpad, I would think you are in the same boat since my Touchpad is not a x86 based setup, most everything is done with premade packages for nslu2 as ipk files(Touchpad specific of course, android I think uses apk compiled java files or binariy packages if I am not mistaken), and then you need all the supporting libraries to make it work, so I would also assume, aircrack source code itself, will not do everything you need. You will have to track down and install all the supporting libraries needed to make it work, and also, a kernel that supports all of that.

These guys got monitor mode on the Nexus one and EVO 4g: http://bcmon.blogspot.com/

c4droid is a C compiler for android it also has a gcc plugin. It claims to be able to run progams written in C rather than java.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with a project written in C. I just figured adding the required sources, libs, etc to the busybox sources then editing the config/makefile would be a good place to start. See what works and what doesn't then move on from there

I purchased BusyBox Pro, and it contains a lot of the nix command line options; not sure about the libs.

In regards of your nmap, is it ran via terminal? Nmap was my first love, so to speak, and would love to have it on my phone.

What OS does your touchpad run off of? I thought that was an android plat.

The Touchpad runs WebOS, but its basically nslu2 linux under the hood for the most part. Arm based, and my wireless card can't do monitor mode(or at least, no drivers for that yet that I know of and no ports of aircrack for my Touchpad). Most everything you install from the terminal comes from pre-made ipk files that contain all the code, but someone has to go in and package all of that up for you or you need to know how to make the packages for nslu2 installers that run that type of architecture(which is ARM based on the Touchpad as well)

See my write up here: http://www.ticktockcomputers.com/tutorial/openvpn-tutorial-for-hp-touchpad-users/

Nmap is all command line, no gui. For GUI based apps, they run a bit different, since WebOS uses its own desktop and setup, I have no clue how to write apps for the Touchpad and put icons on the home screen, but it has a half decent xterm program for running command line programs like nmap and openvpn, ssh, sftp, etc. Most of what you do on them with custom packages requires rooting the device while in developer mode and putting preware on it, whcih allows you to add many things via pre-ware, one of which didn't work was OpenVPN funny enough, so I ended up having to install it manually, after trying to figure out all of the dependencies, which when you go to install the package, comes back with an error "missing xxx library required", which you then install, start over, and gets to the next missing library, which you rinse, repeat, until its all working. Luckily for me, there is a nice repository with all the libraries I needed to get the working.

This is what my iPad looks like: http://www.ticktockcomputers.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/portfolio/derbycon-ipads-2011.png

They also have ports to install Android and full blown uBuntu on there, which honestly, I would skip android and just go strait to uBuntu if I ever did decide to do that, but personally, I love WebOS so far, and use my Touchpad more than my iPad. The iPad was a gift, but sits in its box more or less because 1, I love the touchpad and 2, the iPad is a collectors item from the first Derbycon and was given to me from the crew, so i kind of keep it from anyone messing with it and it just sits in its box. Not to mention after using it, I found I liked the touchpad more anyway. Only thing the Touchpad doesn't do that I wish it had, was 3G/4G, since its only a Wifi enabled device only. No cell service capabilities, unless you lived in Taiwan or Japan, where they had released sim card models, which mine does not have. In the slot where the sim card would go on mine, its a serial number piece of plastic only(which I broke accidently trying to pull it out to see if maybe there was a sim card slot, which there is none)

Edited by digip

I've run monitor modes from my Triumph. It has a snapdragon chipset. I just do not like getting apps from the apps store. I would much rather package it myself and install through adb. My phones SU. pulling the reigns from VIrgin Mobile (the annoying Virgin Mobile lady at start up is no more = + ). My chipset is not compatible with aircrack-ng, but it can monitor the hell out of the traffic around me. I was at my local Shell station and decided to monitor with APscan Paid (which has less features than the free version... the developer has not replied to the issue yet). I picked up 6 different iPad signals; one SSID was PrincessPeach... which I thought was pretty cool. I wanted to save the file, but I opened the paid version... so I could not save.... fucked up, right?

The free version allows saving.... yeah.... less functionality and more price is exactly why I kicked the Windows habit (at least toned it down).

Talked to the Dev. and he is fixing it... if you guys want a lightweight tool that monitors traffic (he is working on traffic cap), google play APscan paid... I always give the good devs money for good products, especially when it is the closest thing to aircrack-ng I can find.

Edited by Pwnd2Pwnr

• 1 month later...

basically to answer your question, the answer is yes. aircrack-ng will work perfectly on pretty much any android device. as well as other tools like wifite and reaver. in order to make this happen you need to chroot into a linux img that you have on your device or your devices memory card. currently you can use ubuntu 10, ubuntu 12, backtrack 5, Debian, arch linux Fedora 17, and openSUSE, probably others as well, but these are the ones that ive tried so far. however getting monitor/injection to work with your devices internal wifi chipset isnt likely yet. what you'll need to do is compile and install drivers for a usb adapter in chroot. if you dont know how to do that then this isnt for you.

after you get the driver/modules compiled then you can install wicd-curses (or wicd-cli if you prefer), wpasupplicant, and dbus, plus any of their dependencies.

disable the internal wireless card that android uses. insmod your modules for the usb wireless adapter.

start dbus and wicd /etc/init.d/dbus start ; /etc/init.d/wicd start

run wicd-curses (or wicd-cli) refresh the network list and you can now connect via the usb adapter, or you can start using tools like reaver, wifite, aircrack-ng etc assuming you have them installed.

i do this with a couple of my tablets, hp touchpad is one of them, with an OTG cable and external batterypack to power the usb adapter, also my asus tf101, my old htc evo 4g and a couple of my mk802's.

if youre looking for a point and click aircrack then dont hold your breath. but if you have a little know how and a few min, you can have a nice little mobile wireless pwn device.

here are some screen shots from my hp touchpad

https://www.box.com/...6zqhn861owi9xmj

https://www.box.com/...helg1g5fhm5xd2o

https://www.box.com/...wm6ycdkl00xfqxo

https://www.box.com/...nzolgtgztgznp81