Anyone Else Somewhat Concerned About This?

Radau

So I was going through the app-store the other night and stumbled across this app called zAnti. As I looked into it, it appeared to have a great deal of power for a free to cheap app (depending on the functions you want). The part that concerned me the most was that with a $20 or so account you get "tokens" which allow you to run exploits on a target machine from their servers, as well as other various things such as man in the middle attacks. The part that concerns me the most is that the user interface is almost too easy, easy enough that your average Joe with a bit of time could figure it out.

What do you think about it? Do you think this is just a good tool for pentesters on the go, or do you think it could go down a dark path of semi-aware users exploiting machines "just for the hell of it" or because it's "cool". Personally I am a bit concerned for small businesses and schools at the moment that are primarily using Windows XP.

I downloaded zAnti when I first heard about it. I really wasn't very impressed though. When I'm out and about I use a program called Fing. It will map the network and scan for services. You can also use an SMB client as well as connectbot with it. As far as pentesting is concerned those two programs will give me enough information to decide if I want to come back with my laptop. I also have the SD card in my phone set up as bootable with backtrack on it for those rare occurances where I have physical access to a machine. There are a lot of other programs on my phone as well but these are the two I use the most.

I downloaded zAnti when I first heard about it. I really wasn't very impressed though. When I'm out and about I use a program called Fing. It will map the network and scan for services. You can also use an SMB client as well as connectbot with it. As far as pentesting is concerned those two programs will give me enough information to decide if I want to come back with my laptop. I also have the SD card in my phone set up as bootable with backtrack on it for those rare occurances where I have physical access to a machine. There are a lot of other programs on my phone as well but these are the two I use the most.

I was moreso worried with the common user finding it, buying some tokens and breaking in to some boxes without even knowing what's happening or the repercussions. The tool itself really isn't that impressive, it's handy to have everything in one spot but you're still very limited with it. I also use the BT5 ARM version, it's pretty handy to have so far.

I also have the SD card in my phone set up as bootable with backtrack on it for those rare occurances where I have physical access to a machine. There are a lot of other programs on my phone as well but these are the two I use the most.

Which phone do you use?

Was anyone here once a kid? I know that most of us have a solid understanding the full consequences of our actions. In fact, that is what separates common sense from, well, no common sense, Let them spend money to exploit people. Wait till the feds bust there door down for snooping/looting the wrong network. Or, maybe get caught by someone like us while we are monitoring our traffic. Either way, I have never heard of a 100 % chance to exploit anything without a lot of homework (or little, depending on what ya know). Money for exploit tokens? Sounds like people are getting too lazy to me.