Pineapple Running Out Of Space.

ollerdane76

Hey all.

My big problem is this : Cant get it working, cant delete anything all i get is this....

Warning

: fopen(/etc/config/fstab) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No space left on device in /www/pineapple/pages/usb.php on line 6

Could not open file!

More info from my pineapple:

Free Memory

total used free shared buffers

Mem: 29524 24620 4904 0 3316

-/+ buffers: 21304 8220

Swap: 0 0 0

echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches Experimental

Disk Usage

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

rootfs 896.0K 824.0K 72.0K 92% /

/dev/root 5.3M 5.3M 0 100% /rom

tmpfs 14.4M 140.0K 14.3M 1% /tmp

tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev

/dev/mtdblock3 896.0K 824.0K 72.0K 92% /overlay

overlayfs:/overlay 896.0K 824.0K 72.0K 92% /

From ollerdane76/Denmark

If i remember right when i was messing around with my pineapple when i first got it i went crazy installing models and making my own rick rolls etc, not realizing how low memory on the thing was, what to do is try deleting the smallest file you can find 1k or something then work you're way up to the bigger files, i think the problem is you're trying to delete a big file / group of files in order to delete any thing you need memory for the delete operation to be carried out, if you know what i mean? i may be wrong and talking a load of baloney! but its worth a try, and if i remember right its what id did and it worked, i think i may have used scp to delete the files as well, that's another route you could go down.

- Anton.

Hey again.

thanks for feedback.

I will try delete some. I right i did install allmost it all, just ween i got it last week...stubid.

Very new, at this pineapple. I will make it happen.

Is it right that i have to delete file´s pineapple, with WIN SCP.

thanks again.

ollerdane

Yes, you are on the right track.

You can use winSCP or SSH or even the pineapple UI (advanced tab -> rm <file>).

I have also renamed the topic title to "Pineapple running out of space" - just so that it is more descriptive than "Pineapple!" ;)

Good luck!

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I know this is an old post, but I have a quick question...I would like to know what I can and CAN'T delete off of the pineapple to make some room. I have not installed any modules that I'm aware of so I cannot remove anything from there. I do have some phishing test stuff totaling in at about 2MB. Does anyone know how big the pineapple on-board storage is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. Why is there a "rom" folder under "root" that looks to be the same exact copy and folder structure as root? Could there be something wrong there?

Thanks!

-JCAG

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

I know this is an old post, but I have a quick question...I would like to know what I can and CAN'T delete off of the pineapple to make some room. I have not installed any modules that I'm aware of so I cannot remove anything from there. I do have some phishing test stuff totaling in at about 2MB. Does anyone know how big the pineapple on-board storage is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. Why is there a "rom" folder under "root" that looks to be the same exact copy and folder structure as root? Could there be something wrong there?

Thanks!

-JCAG

Good question.. have the same problem..