Karma On An Other Interface ?

Hackrylix

Hey Hackrylix it is possible but the wireless card must have etheir the atheros or prisim chip set(atm), seb (the firmware guy) has said he will implement the option into the pineapple (i think he said that any way) I duno if he just means he will implement the functionality or make and an actual module to make switching what interface karma run's on. There are a couple of alfa cards that have the atheros chip set that can be used with karma, some guy's here on the forum have had it working to an extent.

As a side not i don't really see any benefit at the moment to using an external interface for karma as the pineapple seems to have a problem increasing the tx power of external devices, but i can't really say why, maybe some one else could shed some light on it.

Hope this helps,

- Anton.

Edited by Anton

Hey Hackrylix it is possible but the wireless card must have etheir the atheros or prisim chip set(atm), seb (the firmware guy) has said he will implement the option into the pineapple (i think he said that any way) I duno if he just means he will implement the functionality or make and an actual module to make switching what interface karma run's on. There are a couple of alfa cards that have the atheros chip set that can be used with karma, some guy's here on the forum have had it working to an extent.

As a side not i don't really see any benefit at the moment to using an external interface for karma as the pineapple seems to have a problem increasing the tx power of external devices, but i can't really say why, maybe some one else could shed some light on it.

Hope this helps,

- Anton.

Very well said.

After the next stable version is out, a new Connection UI will be added to the pineapples.

This will allow you to do basically everything the network manager module does +/- a few things (such as Karma).

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Very well said.

After the next stable version is out, a new Connection UI will be added to the pineapples.

This will allow you to do basically everything the network manager module does +/- a few things (such as Karma).

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks for the explanation !

I was thinking about the Alfa AWUS036NHA provided with the pineapple elite pack (atheros based isn't it ?).

Amazing guys ^^ , waiting forward for the next stable version =D

I noticed a better range on my external card (ALFA AWUS036NHA) than the pineapple's one.

Should be the same card/chipset isn't it ?!

I'll try to have a look after the reaver module first release.

I noticed a better range on my external card (ALFA AWUS036NHA) than the pineapple's one.

Should be the same card/chipset isn't it ?!

I'll try to have a look after the reaver module first release.

Running Karma on a different device is very simple.

Just needs to be added to the UI. As I said, It will be in the upcoming network UI.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...