thx for the module. its not working well.

few notes:

i noticed when using ssh wash never picks up the AP that have WPS enabled

over ssh airodump-ng doesnt pickup the same results to the web GUI. the web gui seems to get better results.

n finally it doesnt attack :( even with 50% range

just channel hops

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reader 0.4 still saying not installed? I have installed it to usb with my startup script, my script after installing all the opkgs sym links a few folders/files from the USB to the internal. This fixes issues where commands don't run if started by a script. Not sure if that is the issue? Also when I instruct your module to install to usb it still shows its not installed?

• 1 month later...

Reader 0.4 still saying not installed? I have installed it to usb with my startup script, my script after installing all the opkgs sym links a few folders/files from the USB to the internal. This fixes issues where commands don't run if started by a script. Not sure if that is the issue? Also when I instruct your module to install to usb it still shows its not installed?

Same here

Yeah dono, seems very weird, i got two antenas connected to the JAHsager ;) and i get a few good green connections when i scan for APs. Right now i've tried 4 of them and still same thing like ma05k1 has:

[+] Switching mon0 to channel 11
[+] Waiting for beacon from 5C:D9:98:C0:**:**

This is if i lock the reaver to the channel, else it just hoops between all the channels and nothing else happens. Seems a bit weird =/

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please provide detailed instructions on how to use reaver on the pineapple. Please provide pictures if possible. If you don't have the time to post instructions can you at least point me in the right direction. Please help because I can not figure out how to use reaver. I have the the pineapple mark IV elite bundle.

,Bransonb3

Edited by bransonb3

Can someone please provide detailed instructions on how to use reaver on the pineapple. Please provide pictures if possible. If you don't have the time to post instructions can you at least point me in the right direction. Please help because I can not figure out how to use reaver. I have the the pineapple mark IV elite bundle.

,Bransonb3

If you are not using the module but Reaver over the command line, well, it is no different than using it on a laptop or other device.

For instructions and howtos, use this or Google.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah dono, seems very weird, i got two antenas connected to the JAHsager ;) and i get a few good green connections when i scan for APs. Right now i've tried 4 of them and still same thing like ma05k1 has:

[+] Switching mon0 to channel 11

[+] Waiting for beacon from 5C:D9:98:C0:**:**

This is if i lock the reaver to the channel, else it just hoops between all the channels and nothing else happens. Seems a bit weird =/

I have the same problem even when I try different wifi card.

I have found that if you if you use ifconfig wlan1 down then ifconfig wlan1 up on the pineapple it will only scan on channel 11 so I use

ifconfig wlan1 down

airmon-ng start wlan1

mon0 will then scan on all channels

Even on 2.8 and Reaver GUI 0.4 I have to do this to get it to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Reaver only work to get WEP handshake and can't be use on WPA right?

That is incorrect. Reaver is a wps brute force tool. WPS is a feature that the wifi alliance brought out to put on almost every router from 2007 to present. Whether the router is WEP encrypted or WPA/WPA2 encrypted the security is crippled by this wps feature. WPS = wifi protected setup.

Ok, everyone, it works just fine if you ssh into the pineapple and do it that way. There must be some problem with the ui causing it not to run, I mean it may running but its just outputting the -vv (verbose) correctly.

Also if you connect to the pineapple via wifi and try this, chances are you may get kicked off from the wifi, I am ssh into via ethernet and its running 4 seconds per key atm.

here is the procedure I went through.

ssh root@"whatever ip you have without the quotes"

ifconfig and see if wlan0 is there (just to make sure)

airmon-ng start wlan0

read below if nothing pops up

wash -i mon0

(now at this step, I noticed in the ui of the pineapple it did a regular scan not wps only routers, hackrylix if your not using wash to do the ap scan this may help with that.)

if you are scanning with the command above and nothing is showing up exit out of the scan (CTRL + C) and type this, it will turn

ifconfig wlan0 down (hackrylix this should fix wash scan)

now run wash -i mon0, and you should see the wps routers

once you find your target you will just ctrl + c and do reaver attack

reaver -i mon0 -b "mac address of the router" -c "router channel number" -vv (so you can watch the key cracking procedure)

thats about it.

Edited by demonjester

Try --win7 in your reaver command

Doesn't help.

I could only determine what i need to do to make wash working good:

ifconfig wlan0 down

airmon-ng stop mon0

airmon-ng stop wlan0

iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor

ifconfig wlan0 up

airmon-ng start wlan0

wash -i mon0 -C....

Reaver installed on USB?

Im sure I check marked install to usb. I will be home in 2 hours I will confirm when I get home.

edit; crazy day, and it is installed to usb, idk what it was that fixed it (I still ssh in and do it that way for my shell script)

Edited by demonjester