Karma/jasager Questions - Mkiv Tx Power?

Anton

Hi all, i have a few questions relating to karma/jaseger. The first is what is the actual name, karma or jasager lol is it both? #iamanoob.

Secondly i was trying to see if i could get my ALFA awus036h to work with karma as i am in Bolivia :) and it can output 1w, but after further reading i have came the the conclusion that karma/jasager will only worth with atheros chipsets and prisim chipsets? so as the awus036h has a realtek chipset does this mean that karma/jasager will not work with it, period?

So this bring's me on to my other question, can any of the 2w (AWUS036NHA & AWUS036NH) cards be used with karma, i have seen some threads here and there on the forums with limited success but it looks complicated (for me anyway) to implement, i also read that soon it would be implemented into the next fw release (meaning the ability to choose which device karma uses). Has it been implemented yet? The reason i want to know all this is i just dont want to rush out and but the hardware without knowing for sure!

And finally my next question is the internal atheros wifi in the mkiv, can the tv power be modified like the alfa cards? seen a thread about it but can't find it now. Is there a max power output?

Thank's For reading.

- Anton

Edited by Anton

Anton as far as txpower is concerned I have not been able to go above 20dbm with my nha and it seems to be an issue with openwrt so even though there are cards that can do 500mw or higher there is no way to use that power, I believe the nha on the pineapple is below 150mw?

Edited by petertfm

• 5 months later...