[Suggestion] How To's Thread

Anton

Hey guy's not posted on here in a while but still read lot's! After i built my pineapple about 2 - 3 months ago i haven't really had allot of time to mess around with it, (i still dont even know how to hook up my alfa awus036h to increase the honey pot! so if any one can throw me a bone there i would appreciate it) but any how...

I feel a how too's section in the forums for the pineapples would be cool and would save allot of time, i don't know if its me or mebay its the forums being changed or what not but i just cant find the words i need when searching for thing's mebay i am just stupid lol but i feel for beginners (a bit like my self) a how to's section would be most helpful.

- Anton.

As would I, I really wanna learn more about the inner workings of the pineapple and i feel tut's would be the best way.

I feel the same, even though there is a start up sheet with the pineapple and lots of info on these forums. it's just not connected and if I was just starting out I would be overwelmed.

I for one think the best way to do this would be to split all the functionality of the pineapple into courses kinda like pineapple 101, you would learn how to hook up and enable ICS, using ssh/scp, basic functionality of the UI, how to redirect and collect user data, using modules, interacting with ssh sessions, ect

at the end you get a degree in MK4 pineappleing

could be something that we all can add too, start slow with just the basics then work from there.

yes that's a great idea on how buidling "Howto" on all the differnet things the pineapple could do. All the different modules , how they work, how to connect using T-mobil connection things like that would be great for new users like myself to learn.

I for one would also be willing to contribute, do you guys think the wiki is the right place to do it? I applied for an account and I never got approval...

the wiki is a good place to get info on how to do something but it is limited and there is no direction on where to start and what after that, having a 123 system would teach the basics in the right order.

I was looking over the wiki, but I don't see any howto's and stuff. the only thing I see are the basic if your pineapple turns into a brick or how to upgrade it. those are nice but would be nice for other howto's.. If I had the knowledge on how the pineapple worked I would write it down for other users. Even if i couldn't do it on the wiki i would create a blog or something for users. But that's just me.

I was looking over the wiki, but I don't see any how-to's and stuff. the only thing I see are the basic if your pineapple turns into a brick or how to upgrade it. those are nice but would be nice for other how-to's.. If I had the knowledge on how the pineapple worked I would write it down for other users. Even if i couldn't do it on the wiki i would create a blog or something for users. But that's just me.

I agree with you guys there should be some tuts', but, the devs are constantly busy, making improvements on everything, and the have left it up to the community to help they are doing there part, so wee need to kick in and do ours. Why don't everyone state what the know how to do on the pineapple no matter how basic, so we don't try to work on the same thing.

Isn't this exactly the point of a wiki?

Yes. We should use the wiki. I think a good idea to keep the dev's hair from turning too grey is to post up your how-to here on the forums first, then apply for wiki editing rights and let them know you're going to transfer the how-to from here to there. That way we don't have a crap ton of wiki editors that never contribute.

Oh, what lazy bastard just linked back to this forum!! ;) What happens if it crashes again? Those links will stop working.

Edited by barry99705

I think all our idea's are great, the only problem with the wiki is that you need to do the whole registration process in order to contribute. I think the best bet would be to have a thread linking to other how to thread's but have them all ordered with titles etc in the one thread (the links to other threads) and from there someone could transfer them to the wiki (c&p).

I just seems like the easiest option.

Just encase that wasn't clear...

Main Sticky Thread In Jaseger Section (How To's)

In The How To's Thread we have titles and links to posts.

Some one would have to update the how to's thread and wiki with any new stuff.#

- Anton.

I agree with you that the dev are to busy on coming up tut's. I know they do a great job on keeping the updates coming out with different things. You're right going to basic and moving forward from there. But someone like myself that just received his pineapple a month ago was to learn how to configure it and be able to get internet access on it. that's all nice but now what's next or what do I do?

We could go and on about this subject but will anyone start it? that's the question for us.

I went so far as to start creating a giant how-to website. Trouble is, I can't do it by myself with my current work and family schedule. When I've talked to Seb et al about this, he wants us to use the wiki. The registration process is easy - theres very little vetting. Basically, from what I understand, is if you post to the forums, you'll be quickly granted access to the wiki. I've done a number of how-tos (sslstrip, tcpdump, poe cables, etc) here on the forums that I believe are still up to date, but I haven't confirmed them since 2.5, so I'm hesitant to put them up.

A stickied thread here on the forums is nice, as we're all here anyways, but the problem is editing. If one person compiles all the info and the thread gets stickied, and that person stops visiting the forums - the information will go out of date without a way for the rest of us to fix it. The wiki solves this problem by allowing anyone to fix it at a later time.

telot

Edited by telot

I went so far as to start creating a giant how-to website. Trouble is, I can't do it by myself with my current work and family schedule. When I've talked to Seb et al about this, he wants us to use the wiki. The registration process is easy - theres very little vetting. Basically, from what I understand, is if you post to the forums, you'll be quickly granted access to the wiki. I've done a number of how-tos (sslstrip, tcpdump, poe cables, etc) here on the forums that I believe are still up to date, but I haven't confirmed them since 2.5, so I'm hesitant to put them up.

A stickied thread here on the forums is nice, as we're all here anyways, but the problem is editing. If one person compiles all the info and the thread gets stickied, and that person stops visiting the forums - the information will go out of date without a way for the rest of us to fix it. The wiki solves this problem by allowing anyone to fix it at a later time.

telot

@telot

If you want to send me the links to your tut's you have already posted ill put them on the wiki for you and try to do some testing between work school and a family of 6. I can Pm you my email if you want.

Edited by mreidiv

• 3 weeks later...