Iphone - Open Wifi Help

sawks

Hi all, does anyone know how I can stop the auto webpage from loading when an iphone connects to my pineapple open wifi?

I understand its for portal based wifi so they can put in a username and password.

The only thing i can try and guess is if it tries to goto the real internet once connected and if it doesnt get the response its expecting it requests the default page from the ip its connected too.

Anyone who can help?

Sawks

with dnsspoof I don't think you can whitelist, it sucks because how can you redirect all dns lookups but not the apple one?

If I remember correctly, the later entries take priority.

So if your first line is redirect all to pineapple, second line should then be the apple specific line redirecting to itself.

That should work.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hi all, does anyone know how I can stop the auto webpage from loading when an iphone connects to my pineapple open wifi?

If I understand your problem correctly, it is a known issue with iOS devices connecting to open Wi-Fi. They look for a specific file on the Apple website and behave differently depending on if they see that file or not.

Try this solution and please post in this thread whether it works for you:

1. Go to: http://www.apple.com...st/success.html

2. You will see a web page "Success". Save the page success.html.

Examine success.html and be sure that no extra code was added to it. For some reason the first time I saved it, my browser or something added a timestamp line to the HTML in that file.

3. At the web root of your Pineapple, make the path /library/test/ and put success.html in it

4. Operate dnsspoof and open wifi as normal

The iOS device should look for that path and file and give the user a normal browser and not the partial-browser Log In thing.

My Kindle Fire does a very similar thing as the iOS with open Wi-Fi. I do not know what it is looking for on the Amazon website and need to find out.

I hope it works - I don't have an iOS device here to try it out.

However, I did put /library/test/success.html on my Pineapple, and recently demo'd it for a friend who connected to it with an iPod Touch. (Pineapple was setup to redirect to an internal splash page and was not connected to the Internet.)

I believe he got a normal browser on his iPod (and my redirected page) instead of the iPod open Wi-Fi login screen but I am not absolutely certain. By the time he showed me what he was seeing, it looked normal...

I hope it works - I don't have an iOS device here to try it out.

However, I did put /library/test/success.html on my Pineapple, and recently demo'd it for a friend who connected to it with an iPod Touch. (Pineapple was setup to redirect to an internal splash page and was not connected to the Internet.)

I believe he got a normal browser on his iPod (and my redirected page) instead of the iPod open Wi-Fi login screen but I am not absolutely certain. By the time he showed me what he was seeing, it looked normal...

if it does work you should talk to Sebkinne about adding it into the next version:-D

Im having this same problem. I got the success.hmtl file but am not sure on how to create the /library/test/ path on the pineapple. How can i do this??

ssh root@172.16.42.1

password pineapplesareyummy

cd /www/

mkdir library

cd library/

mkdir test

cd test/

scp the file into there or nano success.html past then ctrl + x to save

Im having this same problem. I got the success.hmtl file but am not sure on how to create the /library/test/ path on the pineapple. How can i do this??

ssh in and create it that way.

Damn! I started to write out the reply, then went to actually create it on my pineapple...

Edited by barry99705

Thanks for the help i was able to ssh and make the folders but how do i scp the file there? I've never done that before sorry appreciate the help.

you could use linux

scp success.html root@172.16.42.1:/www/library/test/
[/CODE]

or even easier on windows install winscp

Edited by petertfm

The success.html file contains very little content. You could type its HTML into a text editor like nano and save it into /library/test/ oh, it looks like petertfm already suggested that.

The success.html file contains very little content. You could type its HTML into a text editor like nano and save it into /library/test/ oh, it looks like petertfm already suggested that.

I made a suggestion with a link to your post http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/27513-suggestionbug-apple-devices/

thanks for sharing:-)