Question - About Storage

yukondokne

im on my second WiFi Pineapple, and this one has the same thing going on as the first, and this could possable be a non-issue, but this is a red-flag for me and im finding nothing on the forums to tell me one way or the other, so im just going to sak it:

the /ROM directory is showing as 100% full. is this as it should be? did i flash the update incorrectly? can i remove some files to free some space up? i SSH into the pineapple and go th /ROM and it is almost an exact suplacate of the root directory.

i installed all my moduals to a USB, and i verified they are installed there, per the tutorial here on the forums. im not compleatly n00b on this subject, but seeing a disk space as 100% full just makes me think somehting went arye as some stage.

if im just being paranoid (the pineapple is functioning fine) let me know; and if someone has some explanation as to why this is full like this to ease my mind that would be fantastic

thanks, and sorry if this seems like a dumb question, i just could not find the answer anywere

That is how openWRT works. In fact, you cannot write to it.

Space wise, you have 16mb of volatile memory and in 2.6.3 with no modules installed you have about 1mb of free space.

This space is mounted to /.

Your pineapples are all fine.

If you do want to upgrade storage, you will need to use a usb drive or similar.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Space wise, you have 16mb of volatile memory and in 2.6.3 with no modules installed you have about 1mb of free space.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

as stated i am using USB for all my modules, Thank You for your response, and that eases some of my worries that i had done something wrong.

great work by the way

• 6 months later...

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

In this regard, can I then delete the /rom directory? I am attempting to setup the phishing pages, but there is not enough room on the pineapple, and the phishing pages take too much space. I followed all the instructions for setting up the USB in the drive. Would I have to setup some sort of link to the USB drive on the pineapple to add the phishing pages?

TL;DR will deleting the /rom directory on the pineapple brick it? I am doing a presentation on this thing in a few weeks, and I don't want to have a useless device and look like a fool.

Uhm, yeah. This will brick your device. Saying that, it shouldn't be possible without forcing it in some other way. "rm -rf" SHOULD fail.

But, you know, removing ROM is going to break your device so no need to try ;)