Ubuntu Question Dealing With Wifi.

badbass

I was fooling around with the iwconfig tools. It lets me change the reigion to BO. If I try to change the tx power it says operation not permitted. I have two alfa adapters. One is the 1000mw realtek version the other is the 2000mw? ralink version. Let me know what you think.

Assuming you did some foot work already, I found this. Maybe this can help point you in the right direction. I don't click links, but you can

go ahead and google BO region ubuntu... the BT5 / Ubuntu are are basically synchronized forums; due to the overwhelming amount of

green horns on Linux systems. I got a family to feed, so I haz no money to afford all of these fancy gadgets! Cheers, and kick his ass, badbass!

[other] set tx-power failed - Ubuntu Forums

I have two alfa adapters. One is the 1000mw realtek version the other is the 2000mw? ralink version. Let me know what you think.

What wireless card can go up to 2000mw? I have the older Alfa AWUS036H G model and the Atheros A9271 b/g/n model.

As for adjusting the power I think Darren has done at least 2 episodes with how to change the power in it. One of which was part of the recent show where he went to the local Hackerspace. http://hak5.org/episodes/hak-1123 goto 9:03 for the list of instructions.

The only time I get Operation not permitted is when I'm either not root or forget to sudo.

Edited by combatwombat27

I got the alfa ralink adapter. It is 2000mw. I need 33dbm I can get 30 dbm on both baktrak and ubuntu. Whats 3 dbm more. The adaper works great with the 9db antenna. I see lots of other networks. The citys free wifi when I am in a back alley or all of the guest networks these businesses have. I just want to get all the power I can out of it.