Modern Wordlist

systemd0wn

Has anyone seen a wordlist using all the recent DB hacked passwords? So for instance has someone taken all the hashes from linked in, brute forced them then used those plaintext passwords to create a wordlist?

It would be cool to have a compilation of all these recent password DB hacks.

Cheers,

Systemd0wn

hmm. I know there are tons of wordlists on packet storm

http://packetstormsecurity.org/Crackers/wordlists/

Just have to google for them.

Edited by digip

check the various pastbin like places. A lot of them have various cracked lists too, but google for them in general.

If you search in Google, you can find a plenthora of passwords, that's how I compiled mine.

You can also use CeWl, a tool written by DigiNinja to make your own password list, based on a given website.

Edited by Infiltrator

Thanks I've grabbed some in the past: http://g0tmi1k.blogspot.com/2011/06/dictionaries-wordlists.html (he really put some work into this one). Like 13GB and 38GB lists, using them for WPA and the 13GB takes ~5 hours to run though.

As a side project I thought it would be fun to pull together the paintext passwords from a lot of these website hacks and do some manual and statistical analysis. I haven't really committed to the idea, still just kicking it around. Didn't want to get into it only to realize I was the 10th person to do it. If I decide to I'll be sure to post my progress.

Have you tried wps attack via reaver? Might get you there in less than 5 hours if its enabled, no password needed.

Have you tried wps attack via reaver? Might get you there in less than 5 hours if its enabled, no password needed.

That's if the router has WPS enabled, my router supports it, but it's disabled. I know a lot users out there, will opt to have this option enabled, as it will save a lot of their time with configuration. But it's worth a shot, if the router has it enabled.