Dual Pineapple Daisy Chain Project

MrClappy

Hey guys,

I've been messing around with pineapples for a while now and decided to start a real project. I bought an AP-51 a while ago and flashed it with the firmware available online. Then I picked up a Mk4 at Defcon and had the idea to daisy-chain them together;

Public Wifi -->(WiFi Adapter)-->AP-51 -->(LAN)-->Mk4 -->(WiFi Adapter)-->Targets

The AP-51 would serve the public WiFi via LAN to the Mk4 which would use it for Karma throughput. That way I could do an initial setup at a new location then just leave the box laying around on its own, so targets still use the available WiFi for internet, but through the box.

I remember using IPTABLES on an old Ubuntu box to tunnel the adapters but it's been a long time and I imagine this would be a different beast. Any recommendations?

Here's what I'm working with:

Lxf5c.jpg
Took an old Procerus GCS CommBox, JB Welded the holes, sand blasted it and drilled new holes for the antennas

wvbjG.jpg
Soldered some short USB power cables and picked up a few cheap batteries (2-3 hour charge).

mT68c.jpg
Shoved it all into the box and everything works fine. No noticeable interference between the two APs.

OEBkE.jpg
I'm working on a SolidWorks mount for organizational purposes but have to wait a few weeks for a prototype to ship.

I'm eventually going to desolder the USB and LAN ports so they are externally accessible but for now I need to work on the software side.

What do you guys think would be the easiest way to tunnel a Wifi connection from the AP-51 to the Mk4?

Thanks

~MrClappy

• 1 year later...