Wifi Weaponry - Sniper Rifle Tut (With Pics)

SoulSaber1

So this was kind of an ongoing project for me. I was visiting a prospective collages CompSci department (West Point), and one of their projects was a long range WiFi antenna. I thought it was pretty cool, but as I has far from my workshop at home (my room), I couldn't do anything about it. But as school was starting soon, I wanted to finish this project before I got swamped by homework. I finished this yesterday, just thought I'd post the instructions here (with pics).

THIS IS NOT THE ONLY INSTRUCTION FOR THIS! I DID NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR INVENTING THIS, I JUST MADE IT BETTER!

Parts list:

1. NERF gun, preferably larger.

2. Alfa networking card (from the HakShop)

3. Screw driver, knife, pliers

4. Antenna with an extender cable. Mine was an old, midrange antenna, with a 2ft. extender

5. Pringles can, the longer the better

6. Duck tape. Duh.

Step 1: "Strip"

Strip out the nerf gun. I used an older Firefly model, chosen for the large front opening

419851_377939898946318_96593530_n.jpg

Step 2: "Cantenna"

Okay, this is the hard part. You gotta eat the chips. Wash out the can, and punch a hole in the bottom. Insert the Wifi antenna. As this is a first prototype, mine is just duck taped in, but it is actually really stable, because there was a flat base on the antenna (it was a desktop model).

539107_377939945612980_1620662301_n.jpg422196_377939935612981_1630972071_n.jpg

Step 3: "Sticking"

Now just route the cables throught the gun to the network card. I put mine outside, so I can pull it off easilly if I need it.

538867_377939478946360_658779297_n.jpg

So thats bassically the assembly process in a nutshell. Oh, you want to know if it works? Okay. So, at 50 yards, it boots signal strength from 20% (laptop's internal card) to about 90%.

The max distance test I ran in though, I was able to spoof AP's with mdk3 at 300 YARDS!!! that had a 60% signal quality. Pretty good for a twenty-minutes-of-work prototype. If anyone has any questions about the project, just PM me. I'll be constantly refining it, so there is always something new.

The final poduct looks like this. Need to finish decorating it. I'm thinking stickers from the HakShop.

298849_377939562279685_878165412_n.jpg

***I did have to do some basic wavelength calculations. Not necessary, but if you want to get max distance, very helpful. Not really hard, just google and find them

Edited by SoulSaber1

Really cool stuff bro!

I'm really surprised the antenna works at all. An omnidirectional antenna radiates out the sides and almost nothing straight up. Even the most basic pringles cantanna has the radiating element coming in from the side. I think if you change your setup to that, you'll see a huge difference in signal gain. I'd also use a real metal can, or two. A couple soup cans soldered together even with the loss at the soldered ends, will still be hugely better than a pringles can.

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html

Pringle's cans are like the oldest shotgun cantennas around, and they've been known to work great for one way transmission or if two people have them pointed at each other, reaching half decent distances for full communication. Usually though, you only either catch whats floating in the air, or can see access points but barely maintain access if the distance is too far. Much easier to receive unencrypted, monitor mode data, than it owuld be to say MITM someone from a distance without major power and antenna strength, but these work a treat for sending deauths and just monitor mode to locate wifi spots by aiming them around.

Pringle's cans are like the oldest shotgun cantennas around, and they've been known to work great for one way transmission or if two people have them pointed at each other, reaching half decent distances for full communication. Usually though, you only either catch whats floating in the air, or can see access points but barely maintain access if the distance is too far. Much easier to receive unencrypted, monitor mode data, than it owuld be to say MITM someone from a distance without major power and antenna strength, but these work a treat for sending deauths and just monitor mode to locate wifi spots by aiming them around.

I know, but his antenna is still built wrong.