No Space Left On Device - Redirect On Module Pages

Hi,

Well I managed to break my Pineapple already after several days of ownership. After adding a USB memory chip (8Gb) and swap file, and upgrading to 2.6.1 Firmware, (everything working fine up till this point) I decided to add all the modules and switch everything on, thinking it would dump everything to the memory stick.

Instead what I get is web browser access to all the basic functions, but when clicking on the modules I get a php redirect looping rapidly. Further investigation with Status - Generate Detailed Report reveals: No space left on device. To make matters worse I cannot remove the modules from the uninstall screen.

What went wrong - apart from me stuffing it full of modules? Don't they all get put on the memory device? I'd appreciate some help please.

You build it, I'll find a way to break it :rolleyes:

Thanks for the prompt reply. No, I followed the info in the user manual which missed out the fstab anon_swap 1 option...config swap was already enabled. I tried the link you showed but same result.

Executing free reveals:

Mem: 29480 26096 3384 0 3424

-/+ buffers: 22672 6808

swap 0 0 0

On bootup the pineapple blue USB LED doesnt light. When booted, if I reinstall it, light comes on. However it no longer stays lit (around 5-10 mins) although the other light remains flashing on the USB memory stick.

Problem now is when I update fstab ... function.fopen fails to open stream: no space left on device. I don't know whats safe to remove manually without breaking any links etc.

Would it be safe to just delete everything in the tmp directory and free up some space?

A related issue/bug is when I try to uninstall infusions/modules it says they are removed but a refresh shows they are not. But I digress. The main issue is a choc-stuffed device.

Another problem I've noticed is on status page, autostart is enabled and i cannot get it to disable, it just activates Karma instead. That may be a symptom due to the device having no space though.

Edited by Langleyo Xavier

Sounds like a plan, but I can't get the update file on there. (full). If i could, i could manually install from ssh. Any tips on what I can delete safely i.e. tmp files that wont bork the reinstall?

that's weird you get a full warning when trying to install via the UI?

the upgrade.bin file goes into ram when upgrading so I am not sure what is hapening? have you disabled everything that you can before upgrading, karma, dnsspoof, ect also edit the startup script on the scripts page, there could be things autostarting from those modules that are no longer available.

should look like

wifi
hostapd_cli -p /var/run/hostapd-phy0 karma_enable
#Don't touch anything above this line

#Add your commands above this
exit 0
[/CODE]

In startup script page I have also

/usb/modules/logcheck/logcheck.sh

as well as

/usb/modules/urlsnarf/autostart.sh

last install I did was from SSH after putting the file in /tmp directory. Couldn't get it to install from UI, it just hung constantly. Also, no warning from UI, it just looks as if its gone off doing something but nothing happens to pineapple.

And yes, everything stopped except for Autostart which wont disable. It just reactivates Karma when I click it.

In startup script page I have also

/usb/modules/logcheck/logcheck.sh

as well as

/usb/modules/urlsnarf/autostart.sh

last install I did was from SSH after putting the file in /tmp directory. Couldn't get it to install from UI, it just hung constantly.

so you have the pineapple re-flashed then?

No. Can't get that far. If I can discover what wont break the pineapple if i delete it, I can make room on the pineapple for the upgrade to reflash using SSH. Doing it that way was a breeze. The UI didnt work for me at all. On Firefox using XP

Note: everything worked fine until I stuffed it with all the modules. :)

EDIT: This gets weirder... I managed to use WinSCP to remove a 7 Mb upgrade.bin. You'd think that would allow some stuff to start working, but it still says no space left on device. I'm completely baffled where to go next other than serial leading it. I really didn't wanna go there just yet :(

OK.. Managed to get the upgrade.bin onto the device using WinSCP and several reboots. SSH thru putty and into tmp folder, sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin. It works. Now to re-do the USB Cruzer Fit. Re-done as per Pineapple brochure. After: Still giving grief, but I now think I know why. When I originally loaded all the software modules onto the Cruzer Fit, I had the Pineapple coupled up to the supplied PSU. Later that afternoon I swapped over to the USB power lead on my netbook so I could move around.

After several hours of messing around here with weird results, in desperation and curiosity I swapped back onto the PSU. Everything seems nominal now!

Conclusion: My USB on Asus Eee netbook not powerful enough to support the Cruzer + Pineapple / unstable supply? Whatever it was, it nearly bricked my Pineapple.