Hi Directions Please For A Guide ? (Pineapple / Osx)

SadClown

Hello all !

I am new here and this is my first post : )

1st question is why when i try to edit my profile on hak5 i get a message saying:

"Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

Now to my more important question, Well today i received my "Pineapple mark IV Elite" :D

Though i noticed in the booklet a guide exists only for Windows and Linux.

I have a Macbook Pro 2011 using Lion 10.7.4 OS X

I'm currently connected using my built in WiFi.

I also use VirtualBox and got there BackTrack 5 R2

On BackTrack connected using the host connection as if it's wired.

Where can i find a guide to setup the Pineapple on my Mac and in the BackTrack 5 ?

And a guide on how to use and learn all the gadgets in the Elite bundle to there full potentiality ?

My last question might be wired though here it goes lol

In my Elite bundle i got a "Case" (the black box) and it seems there is no holes in there for the antenna's, Is this normal ? Or i should have received it with hole's in it ?

Thanks in advance for any help (please be nice i'm a noob)

Thanks for the replay though the link sent me to Pineapple's site though no info there for Mac's :(

And from there i clicked on forums and thats how i got here.

I'll try the "Jasager" section if i have no luck here thanks.

Edited by sadclown

Thanks Barry I missed that since I was looking into the quickstart.

Though i can't get to SSH into the pineapple i keep getting the password wrong :/ (tried admin pass and pineappleareyummy pass)

I must be doing something wrong.

I'll keep trying.

And thanks Mr. Protocol for the info.

ssh root@172.16.42.1
[/CODE]

password is pineapplesareyummy

Until you change the ip address, then use the new one!

Hey thanks bro that command sorted it out i managed to get it :) i'm getting somewhere.

Though i cannot get into "cd /etc/config/network" & "cd /etc/config/dhcp/"

I remember reading somewhere in the latest pineapples the config don't exist no more to prevent locking situation.

Any recommendations what should i do next ? i feel i'm getting closer...

Just for the record my Pineapple is the latest mark IV and i tried plugging the ethernet on both ports (WAN/LAN & PoE/LAN) currently on PoE/LAN.

Edited by SadClown

Hey thanks bro that command sorted it out i managed to get it :) i'm getting somewhere.

I remember reading somewhere in the latest pineapples the config don't exist no more to prevent locking situation.

Just for the record my Pineapple is the latest mark IV and i tried plugging the ethernet on both ports (WAN/LAN & PoE/LAN) currently on PoE/LAN.

POE lan is the one you want.

The files are network and dhcp, so you want to cd into /etc/config, then nano network and dhcp. You almost had it! :D Once you do change the setting don't use the reset button! I think that's how I locked myself out of my pineapple, being lazy and not editing them back to "normal" after writing up the OSX how-to.

If you are trying to change the IP in order to allow ICS, Lion/Mountain Lion no longer seem to work with the mod...

Wait.. Nevermind.. Looks like this write up will work for Lion. It did not work for my Mountain Lion install...

and some things within the Pineapple seem to use hardcoded 172.16.42.x addresses. I'm a noob too however...so I could be wrong.

Edited by andrewccm

POE lan is the one you want.

The files are network and dhcp, so you want to cd into /etc/config, then nano network and dhcp. You almost had it! :D Once you do change the setting don't use the reset button! I think that's how I locked myself out of my pineapple, being lazy and not editing them back to "normal" after writing up the OSX how-to.

Hi again Barry !

Well I finally managed to nano into it, I had trouble to nano since I kept getting an error "Error opening terminal: xterm-256color"

Though I sorted it by going to Terminal preferences and switching to "xterm-color".

I did the cp bak commands as in the guide and edited the network in nano, though in the dhcp i'm confused and fear to make a mistake lol

Anyway in nano dhcp in the section of:

config 'dhcp' 'lan'

option 'interface' 'lan'

option 'start' '100'

option 'limit' '150'

option 'leasetime' '12h'

option 'ignore' '0'

list 'dhcp_option' '3,172.16.42.42'

list 'dhcp_option' '3,172.16.42.1'

list 'dhcp_option' '6,172.16.42.1,8.8.8.8'

list 'dhcp_option' '6,172.16.42.1,208.67.222.222'

This dhcp above is mine i'm confused in the guide there is like only 2 of "list 'dhcp_option'"

So what should I delete the other two and just make it look the same as in the guide ?

Thanks again for all your help :)

EDIT: for some odd reason I cannot enter pineapple ssh no more, is that cuz i did the nano network config?

I get these error's:

ssh: connect to host 172.16.42.42 port 22: No route to host

ssh: connect to host 172.16.42.1 port 22: Host is down

ssh: connect to host 172.16.42.42 port 22: Connection refused

Edited by SadClown

Hi again Barry !

Well I finally managed to nano into it, I had trouble to nano since I kept getting an error "Error opening terminal: xterm-256color"

Though I sorted it by going to Terminal preferences and switching to "xterm-color".

I did the cp bak commands as in the guide and edited the network in nano, though in the dhcp i'm confused and fear to make a mistake lol

Anyway in nano dhcp in the section of:

config 'dhcp' 'lan'

option 'interface' 'lan'

option 'start' '100'

option 'limit' '150'

option 'leasetime' '12h'

option 'ignore' '0'

list 'dhcp_option' '3,172.16.42.42'

list 'dhcp_option' '3,172.16.42.1'

list 'dhcp_option' '6,172.16.42.1,8.8.8.8'

list 'dhcp_option' '6,172.16.42.1,208.67.222.222'

This dhcp above is mine i'm confused in the guide there is like only 2 of "list 'dhcp_option'"

So what should I delete the other two and just make it look the same as in the guide ?

Thanks again for all your help :)

EDIT: for some odd reason I cannot enter pineapple ssh no more, is that cuz i did the nano network config?

I get these error's:

ssh: connect to host 172.16.42.42 port 22: No route to host

ssh: connect to host 172.16.42.1 port 22: Host is down

Okay, change your static ip to the one in the how-to, then ssh root@192.168.2.254

192.168.2.1 is the new ip address for the pineapple. It's new web address will be http://192.168.2.254/pineapple

Make your dhcp options like mine.

Option 3 tells the client the gateway, which is your laptop's ip address.

Option 6 is the dns servers, one is the pineapple, the other is google.

I just realized I missed a part of my how-to! Sorry...

Set the connection between your laptop and pineapple's ethernet address to 192.168.2.1

Subnet to 255.255.255.0.

The router to the ip address of whatever interface you have connected to the internet.

Okay, change your static ip to the one in the how-to, then ssh root@192.168.2.254

192.168.2.1 is the new ip address for the pineapple. It's new web address will be http://192.168.2.254/pineapple

Make your dhcp options like mine.

Option 3 tells the client the gateway, which is your laptop's ip address.

Option 6 is the dns servers, one is the pineapple, the other is google.

I just realized I missed a part of my how-to! Sorry...

Set the connection between your laptop and pineapple's ethernet address to 192.168.2.1

Subnet to 255.255.255.0.

The router to the ip address of whatever interface you have connected to the internet.

Big THANKS !!

No need to be sorry bro, If not for you I wouldn't be getting anywhere.

I'm sure your guide will help many other Mac users.

Finally I can enter the pineapple through the web browser, Now that I can see it's working, All I need is to learn on how to use this yummy pineapple hehe, In time hopefully I shall master it : ) if it's possible for a noob like me haha

Once again massive thanks my bro ! kudos :D