Secure My Pineapple

kewlape

First of all. I love the pineapple the purpose of my buying it was to not just have have some fun with but also to use it when I am on the road for work. I love the Pineapple's relay feature with the alfa usb and with the 3g modem.

I need help in securing my pineapple so I can use it to with my 3g modem and just have my team access it without any outsider hopping on(unless he is using a pineapple) . I am not sure how or where to enter my wep or wpa or whatever means to secure my pineapple so only folks who know the password can logon. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

The white list or black list does not work. I think this works only if Karma is turned on. I do not want to turn karma on as I am not trying to do an intrusions and I do not want other clients to piggy back off my router. Anyone else have been able to secure the router ?

Nano /etc/config/wireless go to the bottom of the config file adjust your passphrase as necessary. Now, don't forget to comment out the encryption and key lines when you want to play!

config wifi-iface
option device radio0
option network lan
option mode ap
option ssid "pineapple XX:XX"
option encryption psk2
option key pineapplesareyummy
[/CODE]

Edited by barry99705

Thank you so much for replying. When I try to set it to psk or psk2 I get the error "Failed to start hostapd for phy0" and the wifi wont come up. I have tried to .

I have tried to refer to some additional pages on google but they show steps to install additional packages. I was also reading

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless and

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/encryption

but it is not clear if I need to install anything extra.