Blue Tooth / Wifi Logging

3w`Sparky

Hi All, ages since i posted,

I have an idea running through my head and can only assume that because i'm not cutting edge someone has been here before me.

I have been burgled (well attempted) and have since installed an IR sensor and alarm to my property but thought about something alittle extra.

Bluetooth logging, most people have smart phones these days, criminals included, well if fingerprinting and foot prints are enough to send crimbo's to the slammer then bluetooth mac addresses have to be closley followed right ?

I mean most bluetooth devices have the owners name on them like bob or jim (no offence to law abiding bob's & jims )

but this gives you a name of who was snooping nearby and the unique ID of there phone.

I know i could get something like thepineapple to capture wifi and maybe assiocate to an accesspoint but think bluetooth is of a lesser range and as a result wouldn't give so many false positives.

ideally based on low power consumption as it will be 12 volts powered.

• 1 year later...

read your post..

we have things stolen from our property, and i am searching for almost the same kind of thing you are..

I want to log everyone that walks up to my door. think bluetooth and pineapple like scan..

With the answers and time passed, could you give me some pointers?

I found Meshlium as a hardware seller, but i want to install run it on my spare laptops/hardware and don't want to spend loads of money..

What would you suggest..

i also found a windows version on btscanner from pentest..

Sounds good - If you get something scripted, let us know how it goes.

In theory, you could get something logging Bluetooth, wifi probes and audio/video, which you just set running when you leave the house.

Sounds good - If you get something scripted, let us know how it goes.

In theory, you could get something logging Bluetooth, wifi probes and audio/video, which you just set running when you leave the house.

i fixed up a backtrack laptop to fill the wifi part..

but i need to figure out the right tools for/no that.

i fixed up a backtrack laptop to fill the wifi part..

but i need to figure out the right tools for/no that.

if you want a tool to scan and log all bluetooth devices and thier infos, just use bluediving. you can set the "Scan and Info" option and it will log all bluetooth devices, the device features, manufacturer, BD Address, lmp version etc. etc. you can set it to loop mode so it will continuously scan for nearby devices. bluediving also has some other useful features as well. ;)

Doesn't Wireshark also now support bluetooth? If you have an ubertooth, I think Wireshark will log all the data captured over ubertooth as if it were a regular nic. Don't quote me on that though.

ok..

so far nothing worked because the hp nc8430 uses a bt with widcomm driver.. and guess what.. that i probably the worst of all bt drivers.. ;-)

haven't gotten it to work yet..

i thought you were on a linux system? you mentioned backtrack in an earlier post. widcomm is a windows bluetooth stack.