Pineapple Mark Iv And Bt5R3?

exeption

Just installed Backtrack 5 r3 after rocking Backbox for a while..

But when I fired up the pineapple today I seem to dont have any Internet sharing connection..

I did run ./wp3.sh

And confirmed that I was connected to Internet on my wlan0 via Wicd

I could not get an external ip, and when I tried to start Karma, my wifi connection got disconnected, here by throwing the Pineapple into a white could not connect page..

Pineapple is version 2.50

Any ideas please?

Just installed Backtrack 5 r3 after rocking Backbox for a while..

But when I fired up the pineapple today I seem to dont have any Internet sharing connection..

I did run ./wp3.sh

And confirmed that I was connected to Internet on my wlan0 via Wicd

I could not get an external ip, and when I tried to start Karma, my wifi connection got disconnected, here by throwing the Pineapple into a white could not connect page..

Pineapple is version 2.50

Any ideas please?

What are the network settings for backtrack??

Thanks to Mr Protocol - Seems I figured out the issue by reading your code..

It must have been that I was using wp3.sh and not wp4.sh, did wget the new one and checked to be sure apt-get purge network-manager and apt-get remove network-manager (it was not even installed on BT5r3 obviously)

Anyway, seems to be working just fine now, but here is the strange thing I noticed

1. Is it true that when looking at Wicd my own network seems to be not connected? The button to connect where it normally says Disconnect, now read Connect

2. Wired network is connected (ps. should it be ticked the option "use as default profile (overwrites any previous default)" ?

3. Pineapple 2c:2a is online (this is normal)

When opening a browser I have internet connection, though Wicd now shows the butten says Connect not Disconnect as it normally says when surfing on wifi

Sorry for the long and purhaps complicated descriptions, but I do not know how to explain my self in shorter terms in english..

PS..

Thanks for the fast feedback, suggestion and help.

Or you could use wicd to setup your static IP with no gateway and use it to connect to your wireless.

Thanks, but how and what static ip do I use?

If not mistaken, the wlan0 should be set static? But will this not interfer with the different dhcp servers you connect to at different locations?

---

Found out this

1. When connected to a wireless accesspoint such as an public hotspot, i just need to run ./wp4.sh and auto config accordingly

2. Then what happens is that wicd reports wireless of, but wired is connected..

3. The wireless is of course online and running, but not showing in wicd, should be according to a ip forward.

4. The pineapple is showing and is ready

5. Pineapple is now shoing external ip as provided by the hotspot (checked)

6. Karma can be started as any optional mods..

Hacking..

This is how things work right now

PS..

Before I start to read the pineapple book I just receieved, is this the time you normally start to deauth users on the hotspot?