Mk4 Firmware 2.6.4 Release

Sebkinne

Ok the problem lays within the fact that my 8GB flashdrive is in fact a microSD Reader/Writer AIO.

This is my output with a regular 2GB flashdrive:

root@Pineapple:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
root@Pineapple:~# ls /usb/
root@Pineapple:~# ls /dev/sd*
ls: /dev/sd*: No such file or directory
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 058f:6387 Alcor Micro Corp. Flash Drive
usr var
/dev/sda /dev/sda1
ls: /dev/sd*: No such file or directory
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 058f:6387 Alcor Micro Corp. Flash Drive
usr var
/dev/sda /dev/sda1
root@Pineapple:~#

Edited by WatskeBart

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed usbreset and it's not working for my NHA? usbreset shows "UB91C" lsusb shows "Atheros Communications, Inc. AR9271 802.11n"

and when I run usbreset 1/3 I get

root@Pineapple:~# usbreset 1/3
Resetting UB91C ... can't open [No such file or directory]
[/CODE]

if wlan1 is shown in iwconfig and I re-issue usbreset it is gone from iwconfig?

Edited by petertfm

OK so I made a big discovery on the usb wifi adapter issue "my alfa NHA"

PROBLEM: with the alfa NHA plugged in from boot up it is not recognized "iwconfig"

but when I issue this command

iw phy1 interface add wlan1 type managed
[/CODE]

It is now recognized as wlan1, I noticed that when unplugging and plugging back in the nha was phy2 so I thought it must have been phy1 before unplugging.

EDIT:

if instead of managed you issue this

[CODE]
iw phy1 interface add mon0 type monitor
[/CODE]

for a monitor interface

I hope this helps fix this issue once and forall

Edited by petertfm

bug

after resetting the pineapple "held reset for 7 seconds" the password was not reset back to pineapplesareyummy?

Please try that again. And one more time just to be sure. This is of course possible, if that is the case I need to fix it ASAP.

Does it reboot in the end?

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Please try that again. And one more time just to be sure. This is of course possible, if that is the case I need to fix it ASAP.

Does it reboot in the end?

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Yes it did restart.

I reset it because it was not responsive after I added this to the startup script

/usb/deauth.sh
[/CODE]

worked when I had the "&"

now I just tried to reset about 8 times and the mk4 will not reboot.

password did not reset

Edited by petertfm

I finally got it flashed. I had to uninstall all my Modules, then it flashed just fine!

OK so I made a big discovery on the usb wifi adapter issue "my alfa NHA"

PROBLEM: with the alfa NHA plugged in from boot up it is not recognized "iwconfig"

but when I issue this command

iw phy1 interface add wlan1 type managed
[/CODE]

It is now recognized as wlan1, I noticed that when unplugging and plugging back in the nha was phy2 so I thought it must have been phy1 before unplugging.

EDIT:

if instead of managed you issue this

[CODE]
iw phy1 interface add mon0 type monitor
[/CODE]

for a monitor interface

I hope this helps fix this issue once and forall

Strange thing, this worked for me once, I then decided to build a script to incorporate it and it no longer works...

now when I reboot the pineapple I issue a lsub the wifi adapter shows up but if I issue iw list |grep phy* it only shows phy0....not sure whats up..

Lastly usbreset doesn't work for me either no matter how I try to select the device it gives the error "no such file or directory"

Edited by itsm0ld

Not sure if this is an issue local to me or not; but each time i hit the resources page, all my "clients" get disassociated.

Thoughts?

I tested this out after reading your post and it does not happen in my device. Perhaps re-flash the firmware and see if the issue persists?

1. USB stability issues. The following reports:

• ALFA NHA does not work if plugged in on boot. Requires plugging in once the device is booted. (Can't confirm, worksforme, see below)
  • The same goes for other ALFAs (can't confirm).
  • ALFA NHA does not support injection (Can't confirm, worksforme, see below).
  • mdk3 deauth works but doesn't print any information to screen. I believe this is fixable as we had a similar problem with another program earlier.

In regards to the USB stability issues, I recommend anyone having them to re-flash, reboot their devices and then try again.

As for this, My Alfa AWUS036NH (RT2870/RT3070) still does not work. Shows up in lsusb but phy1 is not listed under 'iw list', so petertfm's suggestion will not work either. Not sure if this one was included in the 'other alfa' statement.

I have, however, verified that usb stability is also not working. Ive tested this both with usb plugged in at boot and unplugged at boot, it simply keeps incrementing sd[a] every time. flash drive: Bus 001 Device 004: ID: xxxx:xxxx Alcor Micro Corp. Flash Drive

Verified 2.6.1.

As for this, My Alfa AWUS036NH (RT2870/RT3070) still does not work. Shows up in lsusb but phy1 is not listed under 'iw list', so petertfm's suggestion will not work either. Not sure if this one was included in the 'other alfa' statement.

I have, however, verified that usb stability is also not working. Ive tested this both with usb plugged in at boot and unplugged at boot, it simply keeps incrementing sd[a] every time. flash drive: Bus 001 Device 004: ID: xxxx:xxxx Alcor Micro Corp. Flash Drive

Verified 2.6.1.

Check my post in current thread #25. I'm having the same issue's.

Yes it did restart.

I reset it because it was not responsive after I added this to the startup script

/usb/deauth.sh
[/CODE]

worked when I had the "&"

now I just tried to reset about 8 times and the mk4 will not reboot.

password did not reset

I have to ask if there is a problem with the reset option on the mk4 because I and a few others are experincing issues with it not reseting the password.

would it be alot more stable if you pressed the reset button very early on in the boot process? I think the reset script needs to do it's thing from bootup.

how about when the reset function is called it sets a variable and reboots the pineapple, then when the pineapple is in the early stages of bootup it checks the variable and if set it runs the actual reset script.

Edited by petertfm

I may have tracked the issue of phy1 aka alfa NHA not getting linked to wlan1, I was trying to see if macchanger was working now and when I issued "ifconfig wlan0 down; macchanger -A wlan0; ifconfig wlan0 up" the pineapple ssid was not broadcasting so Issued "wifi" and it looked like that script was doing something to phy1 and phy2?

so after that my nha was not tied to wlan1 and I had to re-issue "iw phy1 interface add wlan1 type managed"

so the problem could lie in the command/script wifi.

EDIT:

I commented out wifi in the start-up script and that did not fix the issue of wlan1 not getting created. BUT I don't notice anything else out of order and ask do we need the script wifi??? what is it's function?

EDIT 2

after having my NHA connected via powered usb hub, I can edit /etc/config/wireless

(for radio1 aka NHA/wlan1) if I comment out "option disabled 1" and reboot, wlan1 now shows up:-) you can also change "option mode ap" from ap to sta for managed or monitor for monitor. so this is another way to create an interface on wlan1. could this be why wlan1 is not showing up?

EDIT 3

I noticed in the resources tab "PID USER ect"

are not aligned

Edited by petertfm

I have to ask if there is a problem with the reset option on the mk4 because I and a few others are experincing issues with it not reseting the password.

would it be alot more stable if you pressed the reset button very early on in the boot process? I think the reset script needs to do it's thing from bootup.

how about when the reset function is called it sets a variable and reboots the pineapple, then when the pineapple is in the early stages of bootup it checks the variable and if set it runs the actual reset script.

There does seem to be an issue with the reset button. It will be fixed in the next bugfix release. It doesn't need to run at boot though, there is no reason it would have to if it rebooted afterwards, but I can see a nice way to handle the reset button. Next version.

I may have tracked the issue of phy1 aka alfa NHA not getting linked to wlan1, I was trying to see if macchanger was working now and when I issued "ifconfig wlan0 down; macchanger -A wlan0; ifconfig wlan0 up" the pineapple ssid was not broadcasting so Issued "wifi" and it looked like that script was doing something to phy1 and phy2?

so after that my nha was not tied to wlan1 and I had to re-issue "iw phy1 interface add wlan1 type managed"

so the problem could lie in the command/script wifi.

EDIT:

I commented out wifi in the start-up script and that did not fix the issue of wlan1 not getting created. BUT I don't notice anything else out of order and ask do we need the script wifi??? what is it's function?

EDIT 2

after having my NHA connected via powered usb hub, I can edit /etc/config/wireless

(for radio1 aka NHA/wlan1) if I comment out "option disabled 1" and reboot, wlan1 now shows up:-) you can also change "option mode ap" from ap to sta for managed or monitor for monitor. so this is another way to create an interface on wlan1. could this be why wlan1 is not showing up?

EDIT 3

I noticed in the resources tab "PID USER ect"

are not aligned

I will fix the resource tab.

What I wonder about is why you are still having issues with the NHA. It works like a dream for me. Hadn't you reported the NHA working but another one not working?

We will have to investigate further to see what is stopping the wifi cards not working properly. I have to ask again though:

Is it really the NHA? Is this only on boot or does this happen whenever you plug in the wifi card. Does it make a difference?

When I start my pineapple 2.6.1 with an ALFA NHA, the wifi interface exists but needs to be brought up. That is intended behaviour.

It is not intended for a device not to show up at all.

In regards to the wifi script, yes, we need it dearly. I will take a look through it again.

If i want to upgrade with the latest firmware do i need re-download all the modules again into my thumbdrive ? Since the dev team Making our pineapple better and better it's a bit inconvenience if i must re-download all the modules but if this the only way it's ok with me :) :) :) :) :)

Sadly, yes. If the modules save anything like a config onto your USB I would do this:

• Back them up.
  • Remove them all.
  • Install them all.
  • Replace any files you want with the backed up files.

This is a known thing which does make people unhappy. Some of you may have seen the start of WM's backup module. Something like this will be available very soon, baked into the firmware.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

thanks seb, the issue I have with the nha is ever since firmware 2.6.X it started, when the adapter is plugged in from boot, it can also fix itsef when unplugged then re-plugged but it is not phy1 but now phy2. I have flashed back to 2.5.1 and the issue is gone and functions like you explained.

another thing to note is I've always had to "ifconfig wlan1 up" before a reboot, or the nha is not even recongnized as any phy interface.

Edited by petertfm

weird i updated a few days ago. Worked fine then, but now.... its just blinks the WPS all the time updating/fresh flashing isnt working.. takes forever and i think i may need to get a cord to do a serial flash. Anyone else have this problem? or is it something i did. i can still access the webgui and the ssh tunnel just blinking and not updating.

I have tried troubleshooting it for a couple of days,i have read and tried everything i can find documentation on, so can you suggest what i should do.

Mine was working fine until I plugged in my USB Alfa AWUS036NH, now i can not connect to it wifi or ethernet port. Tried resetting it with the reset button. No go, and the only ip address i can get when i plug it into my pc, is 169.254.88.27, no webpage. Do i need to serial flash it? and can i use my propeller plug?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick update.

As you all know, this is still not a stable version, but we are working hard to get it there.

In the next bugfix release you will find that:

• Getting the time has been fixed and now works out of the box again.
  • The Reset+WPS buttons now work as they should again.
  • Automatic recognition of USB-WIFI cards should work again. Confirmed on the NHA. (This time for real. I was able to reproduce the errors stated by a few of you and these have now been fixed).
  • Resources tab - processes have been aligned properly.
  • Pinned modules are on a new line in the navbar.
  • phish.log is now included in the logs UI.

If you have any bugs / suggestions that you think need to be fixed in the next bugfix release, let us know in this thread.

Note: Do not request new features. Do that in the correct forum. This is just for bugs pertaining this release.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Is there also possible to show /www/pineapple/logs/phish.log in the logs page in the next verison? I think there is many people who would appreciate this, and it's a rather small fix, right?

I know i can add a couple of lines in pineapple/pages/logs.php, but its a bit boring doing all this little tweaks every time one is flashing the pineapple.

Don't mean to nag though, I'm very pleased with all the effort you guys are putting in the pineapple and its software! Really great work! :)

Firmware 2.6.2 has been released.

Changelog:

-Automatic date and time now works again.
-The Reset+WPS buttons now work as they should again.
-Automatic recognition of USB-WiFi cards on boot should work again.
-Processes in the resources tab have been aligned properly.
-Pinned modules are on a new line in the navbar.
-phish.log is now included in the logs UI.[/CODE]

More to come soon!

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hi,

Maybe I'm missing something but since upgrading to 2.6.2 it is no longer possible to start URLSnarf or DNSSpoof from the Status page. I click on start and it just stays set to disabled, also if I install the UrlSnarf and DNSSpoof infusions the status of both these is shown as not installed in the relevant status page. I had upgraded from 2.6.1. I have also rolled back to 2.5.0 and can confirm all works as it should there. Any ideas?

Here is the line from the DNSSpoof log:

/www/pineapple/dnsspoof/dnsspoof.sh: line 2: dnsspoof: not found

Looks like the paths may be hosed?

Edited by rossb

Hi,

Maybe I'm missing something but since upgrading to 2.6.2 it is no longer possible to start URLSnarf or DNSSpoof from the Status page. I click on start and it just stays set to disabled, also if I install the UrlSnarf and DNSSpoof infusions the status of both these is shown as not installed in the relevant status page. I had upgraded from 2.6.1. I have also rolled back to 2.5.0 and can confirm all works as it should there. Any ideas?

Here is the line from the DNSSpoof log:

/www/pineapple/dnsspoof/dnsspoof.sh: line 2: dnsspoof: not found

Looks like the paths may be hosed?

You have found something no one has since 2.6.0 - no dsniff.

The reason for this was because dsniff was marked as broken as it isn't being maintained properly anymore. This broke the build process of the firmware and therefore it was not included.

I will upload 2.6.3 asap with urlsnarf and dnsspoof.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Edit: I would like to apologize for this. I realize it is a key function used with the pineapple. This is why we should do beta testing again.. ;)