Internet Connection Pineapple

Malachai

Well i have a quick question on intenet connection between pineapple, wireless , and ethercable. Since I'm on a win 7 machine I configure my wifi to be "Shared Connection" like the instruction said.

My network cable adapter I did setup with 172.16.42.42 ip address etc....

So now I switched over the virutal box and installed 2 adapters . One is for ethernet controller , and other one for my wifi adapter.

(To get on the inetnet I'm using the wifi adapter )

I boot up my pineapple and goes through it's whole process. I then boot up backtrack in virutual box. Once backtrack is up and I open a terminal window off the bat i'm am able to ping google, and the pineapple. I'm able to ssh in the pineapple just fine.

My question is do I need to run the wp4.sh if backtrack gets internet connection and is able to see and remote into the pineapple?

You need to make sure your settings for your virtualbox adapters are setup properly. Basically, you are trying to emulate a physical setup of a computer in-line with a pineapple. So you would have to use the wp4.sh on the BT VM.

If you can't get it working properly, I can try to set it up when I get time and post details.

You need to make sure your settings for your virtualbox adapters are setup properly. Basically, you are trying to emulate a physical setup of a computer in-line with a pineapple. So you would have to use the wp4.sh on the BT VM.

If you can't get it working properly, I can try to set it up when I get time and post details.

@amoeba yes I setup my win7 ICS to share but rather then doing it on my ethernet controller , I did it on the wifi adapter.

@Mr-Protocol Now i'm kind of lost what you said about in-line ... Sorry this is all new to me on setting this up. please if you do have time that would be great on setting it up the correct way. I tried to search the board but couldn't find proper instructions.

thank you,

did you have a chance to setup your virutalbox and adapters to see if I did it correct?

did you have a chance to setup your virutalbox and adapters to see if I did it correct?

Yeah, sorry got distracted. I had both adapters set in 'Bridged' mode. eth0 (adapter 1) was my internet source, eth1 (adapter 2) was my pineapple.

I manually had to enter in wp4.sh my device names (eth0, eth1) so it would work properly.

Thank you very much. I did the same thing on my virutal box.

Adapter 1 is my etho

Adapter 2 is my wifi

When I do ifconfig you could see that eth0 was already picking up a ip address from the pineapple. I was able to get internet access even with that ip address.

eth1 is getting ip address from my router 192.x.x.x. address.

root@ubuntu:~# ifconfigeth0

Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr

inet addr:172.16.42.103 Bcast:172.16.42.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

inet6 addr: fe80::a00:27ff:fe6b:1b4f/64 Scope:Link

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:16666 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:13193 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:15503110 (15.5 MB) TX bytes:1611959 (1.6 MB)

eth1

Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr

inet addr:192.168.1.15 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

inet6 addr: fe80::a00:27ff:fed9:d574/64 Scope:Link

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:732 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:48 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:59412 (59.4 KB) TX bytes:8838 (8.8 KB)

After I ran the script I get one error message. Would you happen to know why? I notice one thing different from your is "internet gateway" since my gate way on my win7 laptop is setup to a 192.168.1.1 address that's what I should enter right?

fuc0w3.png

I just connected my iphone to it and I'm about to surf the web just fine. Even when I look at urlsnarf I could see all the site I'm going too. That being said then do you think everything is fine now?

I just connected my iphone to it and I'm about to surf the web just fine. Even when I look at urlsnarf I could see all the site I'm going too. That being said then do you think everything is fine now?

I'd say so :P it's working lol. I was confused by your original posting. I thought you were doing ICS on your windows machine and trying to interact with your BT5 VM.

LOl... Well here are the steps I took . I first connected to my wifi and made sure I was able to sure the web on my windows machine first. After that I did the steps below.

1. Went into my windows network (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections)

2. Right click on wifi connection - > properties - Share table and checked "Allow other users to connect ect... "home network set to" - Local Area Connection... Said okay

3. Right cick on "Local Area Connection" that would be GIG ethernet card on laptop -

4. Set up the 172.16.42.42 information under the ipv4 settings.

Closed all those windows and started up virutalbox

1. Went throw the whole creating vm box.

2. Then went into the setting of the vm and click on netowrk

3. added adapater 1 as GIG ethernet controler ---- added other adapter 2 and that one was wifi adapter. both are set to brigded

4. after that i bootup mypineapple and everything worked.

Now that i'm reading this over i notice something. On part 4 setting the ip address on the Local Area Connection (ipv4) would that be the reason it worked because I did it on the windows side and not in backtrack?

Hey @Mr_Protocol

I didn't have to setup the ip address 172.16.42.42 in the windows "Local Area Connection" . Once I took the ip address out the adapter changed it's name to pineapple.

I ran the script in backtrack and no error message some up picked up my gateway... I was doing the long way UGH... hahah well I learned .. That's always a good thing.

Off the topic -- There use to be videos of darren when he was interview by this one lady that sat across from him and she was logging into a bank site. How was he able to capture that data and what script was he using? Would you happen to know where that video is ? it use to be under the pineapple on the old site towards the bottom.

LOl... Well here are the steps I took . I first connected to my wifi and made sure I was able to sure the web on my windows machine first. After that I did the steps below.

1. Went into my windows network (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections)

2. Right click on wifi connection - > properties - Share table and checked "Allow other users to connect ect... "home network set to" - Local Area Connection... Said okay

3. Right cick on "Local Area Connection" that would be GIG ethernet card on laptop -

4. Set up the 172.16.42.42 information under the ipv4 settings.

Closed all those windows and started up virutalbox

1. Went throw the whole creating vm box.

2. Then went into the setting of the vm and click on netowrk

3. added adapater 1 as GIG ethernet controler ---- added other adapter 2 and that one was wifi adapter. both are set to brigded

4. after that i bootup mypineapple and everything worked.

Now that i'm reading this over i notice something. On part 4 setting the ip address on the Local Area Connection (ipv4) would that be the reason it worked because I did it on the windows side and not in backtrack?

Everything you did to your windows machine allow users to connect and setting IP's isn't needed at all. I had my second network card set to a 192.168.2.99 and it still worked lol.

Hey @Mr_Protocol

I didn't have to setup the ip address 172.16.42.42 in the windows "Local Area Connection" . Once I took the ip address out the adapter changed it's name to pineapple.

I ran the script in backtrack and no error message some up picked up my gateway... I was doing the long way UGH... hahah well I learned .. That's always a good thing.

Off the topic -- There use to be videos of darren when he was interview by this one lady that sat across from him and she was logging into a bank site. How was he able to capture that data and what script was he using? Would you happen to know where that video is ? it use to be under the pineapple on the old site towards the bottom.

Not sure on the videos. I don't remember the video off the top of my head, but I'm sure it's burried in a youtube account somewhere.