a lot of weird processes i hadn't noticed b4 ...:,(

DLSS

Going to take a stab at this:

PDVDServ is Power DVD I think

wscntfy Is Windows Security tray icon telling you something is off

alg.exe Is the application layer gateway, used for ics.

UMX Im not sure, but wasnt that one of the exe encrypters mentioned before?

svchost is common and it handles most of windows networking

I actually had vnc running with the name svchost one time thinking it would make it easier to hide the application to anyone who checked the task manager. In actuallity, it made it harder to end the vnc process tree. It's much easier to just hide the application from showing up in the list.

I see you are running xp 64. How do you like it? I had it going for a while until I noticed the overall performance drop. It's like Microsoft just layered 64bit functionality over a 32bit OS. And having two Program Files directories drove me nuts.

Going to take a stab at this:

PDVDServ is Power DVD I think

wscntfy Is Windows Security tray icon telling you something is off

alg.exe Is the application layer gateway, used for ics.

UMX Im not sure, but wasnt that one of the exe encrypters mentioned before?

svchost is common and it handles most of windows networking

I actually had vnc running with the name svchost one time thinking it would make it easier to hide the application to anyone who checked the task manager. In actuallity, it made it harder to end the vnc process tree. It's much easier to just hide the application from showing up in the list.

I see you are running xp 64. How do you like it? I had it going for a while until I noticed the overall performance drop. It's like Microsoft just layered 64bit functionality over a 32bit OS. And having two Program Files directories drove me nuts.

Bah, I google'd it and it's from Tiny Firewall

thnx , the 64x is running quiet nicely (im running it to b able to fully use my 64x system (for example with video encoding or in games (steam wont let u install 64x versions of games on a system with a 32x OS) )

and am running tiny as its one of the 2 or 3 only firewalls that will run and are compatible with the 64x windows

also it wont accept 32 bit drivers wich comes down to things that dont have 64x drivers available wont work.

in my case webcam , printer/scanner AIO , ... wich sucks ... (lexmark is 2 lazy to bring out 64x drivers and dont intend to till vist :,( )

as far as i kno tiny didnt used to run tht much processes tho ... might b after last update ...