Backtrack 5 R3 - Released

Mr-Protocol

Someone had found the direct ISO link on the mirrors and shared it, and people were downloading direct copies instead of torrents for a while. I know Mati wasn't happy about that since someone forgot to block the mirrored servers before release to only allow torrents the first day, since they get hammered with bandwidth and pretty much DoS the site when everyone runs to download directly. The Torrents should be going over fine though,as they usually have seed servers setup ahead of time for this too. Not sure on the BT5R3 side though. In the past that was always the setup and plans, but because of the ISO download leak I think people are raiding their mirrors directly.

I will torrent all of them to help out! My pc runs 24/7 and offers up torrents, ventrilo and minecraft! Once I'm done school I'm thinking about starting up a little minecraft SMP with a bunch of people for fun. But for now, I'll stick to torrents. Torrents are running 24/7. I have to use my unlimited data and 5mbps upload somehow.

Guys, if you already have it installed, just UPGRADE your current installation. If that foobars, then download and reinstall, but why lose all your settings, files, etc that you've added just to install a new ISO?

See here:

http://www.backtrack...backtrack-5-r3/

Edited by digip

Same thing happened with me, I downloaded Gnome 32 bit iSO and the GUI is not working for some reason. I can't pass the root@ab. as when I type root or toor I get "495.634598] SQUASHFS error : zlib_inflate error, data probably corrupt" and another bunch of similar err messages.

anyone has a clue?

Downloading Backtrack 5 R3 Gnome 32 bit for VMware right now. The torrent download is pretty slow for me right now..so it will be about 2 hours.

Question for you what is the difference between the vmware one and the regular iso? I have always downloaded the iso rather then the vmware image. Just wondering what the difference is.

Question for you what is the difference between the vmware one and the regular iso? I have always downloaded the iso rather then the vmware image. Just wondering what the difference is.

VMware image is boot and go, the VM is already built and installed. ( I would imagine, I don't use VMWare nor do I like to DL pre-made VMs).

With the ISO you need to run the install process.

See thats how learned to install iso. I have always downloaed the iso and installed it on a vmware system. Then after that I custom my setup once I installed it.

The real fun was installing Backtrack 3 to a VM/Computer.

There was no Installer file lol.

Manually create partitions, copy files, fun stuff...