Firmware Upgrade Error...help!

Malachai

After figuring out my root password I was able to see what firmware I currently have. At the moment I'm on "Firmware verision 2.0.0". I notice there's a new on new verision out 2.5.0 is out. Well I was able to download the upgrade.bin file. Went to the upgrade.php page and hit upgrade. On the top left hand corner I'm getting "Error, MD5Sum does not match" do I need to enter something in the MD5Sum: box since it's blank?

After waiting a couple minutes I said let me enter the MD5sum number that the new firmware has. Well it did something but now the WPS is not flashing nor the wlan is really light... Did i just turn my pineapple into a brick? I hope I didn't but any advice would be great.

After figuring out my root password I was able to see what firmware I currently have. At the moment I'm on "Firmware verision 2.0.0". I notice there's a new on new verision out 2.5.0 is out. Well I was able to download the upgrade.bin file. Went to the upgrade.php page and hit upgrade. On the top left hand corner I'm getting "Error, MD5Sum does not match" do I need to enter something in the MD5Sum: box since it's blank?

After waiting a couple minutes I said let me enter the MD5sum number that the new firmware has. Well it did something but now the WPS is not flashing nor the wlan is really light... Did i just turn my pineapple into a brick? I hope I didn't but any advice would be great.

The Md5 for version 2.5.0 is "045d880620215fa8ae4fdc7826bf0fc8"

After you type that in and start the update, it will do it's thing for about 1-2 mins.

Yes the light turns off, then it starts blinking and then its solid at the end of the 1-2 mins.

You will know the update is done when the UI page says update complete or when the lights on the pineapple are solid...

Well only the power light is turn on . The WSP light doesn't flash anymore more. the wlan flash for about 5 secs then goes really dim... I can't get even connect to the device anymore ... it doesn't give me an ip address... UGH What the hell did i do wrong ........lol...

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem after taking a break from the pineapple for a little over a month, I downloaded v2.50 thru the pineapple GUI then entered the MD5 provided on the same page and its been returning "Error, MD5Sum does not match!"

My current version is 2.41

Is there another way to get the upgrade.bin or recheck the MD5?

New user here. Hello fellas,

Along the same lines, I've had trouble upgrading both to 2.6.3 and 2.5.0 because of the Error MD5 Sum does not match. Though 2.6.2 worked and that is what I'm currently on now.

I saw that there were instructions on manually flashing the pineapple, though I'm guessing its better to stick with the MD5 match before upgrading. Would that be correct?

Secondarily, is it normal in less than a week you start double-checking that you are really connected to the BSSID that you think your connected to? :)

btw. love the Pineapple and all the work that has been put into it, thank you so much.

• 3 weeks later...

The Download for you get for 2.5.0 is for 2.6.4 just thought people should know if your trying to download 2.5.0 from the Check for Update on your pineapple it appears the Download link is downloading the 2.6.4 upgrade.bin i checked the MD5 based on the 2.6.4 it matches the MD5 for the upgrade.bin i know its confusing basically....

When you go to the Upgrade page inside the WiFi Pineapple the download i got for 2.5.0 was the upgrade.bin for 2.6.4. just go to http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/index.php?downloads

to get your update.