An American tragedy...

VaKo

I personally believe that intelligent people don't understand how incredibally dumb most people are.

One part (of nearly thousands) of the american government that pisses me off is the fact that we are not required by law to vote in any elections. And because of this, only the people who feel strong about one side or the other vote and the other 100 million or so just vote for who evers name sounds the best with the title "President". I actually know people who vote like this and it makes me want to beat them.

Of the 300+ million people in the US, only around 122 million voted in the 2004 election. And if you look at the red/blue distribution map (see below) of that election, you know that every hick/boondocks hellhole state voted for Bush.

320px-US_presidential_election_2004_map.

*Excluding flordia because of all the old people there. They will always be a republican state due to their promises with health care. However, this may change with the current issue of social security. Which in my opinion should be ridded of. This is no long the 1920's, the majority of people are at least the slightest bit smarter about how to invest their money. The whole idea behind SS was for the gov't to have another way to tax people with actually just considering it a tax and hope that the person dies before they hit 65. Now we're screwed because the baby boomers are retireing.

</rant>

i don't think that this is an entirely fair reflection on the intelligence of americans, but it's fun to watch anyway

I'm a little worried, if map makers being producing misprinted maps on a large scale... Australia is fucked!!

again, not cos it's really relevant, but the chasers are piss funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssgYfpJzAR4

i don't think that this is an entirely fair reflection on the intelligence of americans, but it's fun to watch anyway

I'm a little worried, if map makers being producing misprinted maps on a large scale... Australia is fucked!!

That was really scary.

again, not cos it's really relevant, but the chasers are piss funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssgYfpJzAR4

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thanks for cheering me up after watching the previous video. :)

One part (of nearly thousands) of the american government that pisses me off is the fact that we are not required by law to vote in any elections.

DUDE THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA everyone need to be required by law to vote even the people who don't care I love this idea.. But thats just becasue I'm going to change my name to "Avery AAAverson" the next prez.... </scarcasm> what do you think would happen of people where required by law to vote... these are the people who could care less about anything.. there for if you have the best commershal you win... hell you could lie as much as you want.. just look at the one Sparda posted about Net Neutrality being a bod thing.... now if everyone who didn't care to learn about it would think is was a bad thing and vote agenst it.....

Forceing people to vote is the worst idea ever(ok maybe not ever but...)

untill it's changed to the way California (yay california(home state) you got one right) where whoever wins the popular vote gets our Electoral votes..

I see what both of you mean and I understand why it can be a bad idea to force people to vote. I got the idea from the Ausies because they're required to vote (unless it's been changed recently). I just got sick of hearing people complain about who's in office then say that they didn't even vote for anyone in the election once asked.

In Australia you still have to vote, you get a $50 fine otherwise.

The only problem is that people who don't care are going to vote for somebody for a really stupid reason (such as a donkey vote, where you just vote for the person at the top of the list) or because they have an interesting sounding name or some other stupid crap like that.

Also, you can just scribble rubbish on your ballot paper and the vote will not be counted.

I think however that most people who wouldn't go and vote simply cannot be stuffed. They would vote, but taking their lazy arses over to the polling booths is too big an effort. I guess giving them a fine for not doing so is probably a good way of getting them to vote.